scotty_j

Infinity chest rings

I'm no expert, but it can depend on body shape too. Tall and skinny? Not as big a deal - MLW's run fairly straight down the body. If solid and shorter, MLW's have to curve a lot more around to the side of the body from up at the shoulders.

I am 6' 1.5" - 185 pounds and own two Infinitys both with chest rings. I find that due to my broad shoulders the cut and fit with chest rings is extremely comfortable and form fitting. Other Infinity rigs that I have jumped that did not have chest rings but were still cut for similar size people (several and many times) are historically less comfortable and more restricting on my shoulders.

I find that being able to pull my shoulder straps nice and tight along my chest helps with rig shift during freeflying, especially back flying. I have also not experienced rig shift on my shoulders during tracking/atmonauti.

I have several friends who have been jumping Infinitys for years who are smaller people (5'6-5'10) and do not feel that chest rings are necessary and do not provide any benefit for people their size.

So yeah... there ya go :)

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day and try it.
-- Douglas Adams

I am 6' 1.5" - 185 pounds and own two Infinitys both with chest rings. I find that due to my broad shoulders the cut and fit with chest rings is extremely comfortable and form fitting. Other Infinity rigs that I have jumped that did not have chest rings but were still cut for similar size people (several and many times) are historically less comfortable and more restricting on my shoulders.

I find that being able to pull my shoulder straps nice and tight along my chest helps with rig shift during freeflying, especially back flying. I have also not experienced rig shift on my shoulders during tracking/atmonauti steep tracking.

I have several friends who have been jumping Infinitys for years who are smaller people (5'6-5'10) and do not feel that chest rings are necessary and do not provide any benefit for people their size.

FIFYB|
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

I find that being able to pull my shoulder straps nice and tight along my chest helps with rig shift during freeflying, especially back flying. I have also not experienced rig shift on my shoulders during tracking/atmonauti steep tracking.

FIFYB|
no you didnt, what you did was demonstrate how little you know;) Atmos dont have to be steep
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?