Chivo

Hang-gliding tomorrow!

Funny how I convinced 3 whuffo friends to come hang-gliding with me tomorrow, but I can't convince them to go skydiving! They actually think its safer because they're closer to the ground! HEHEHE! :S

Well, tomorrow will be my pre-second hang-glider ride and I'll be doing a tandem flight. Anybody done this? Any comments or advice?

~Chivo

I did it a couple of years ago. It was fun. I'd suggest picking the studliest, handsomest pilot you can, because you're supposed to put your arm across him, but, well, you're a guy.

Worked for me, though...:)
Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

WHere are you going? I did a 1-day course when I was a lot younger at Kitty Hawk, NC. It was a great place to learn, because you just nose into the sand dune if you biff, which I did several times.

I went by myself, not in a glider ride. Of course, that is probably related to my biffing. I just have no desire to go attached, as I have no desire to ever do a tandem.

Enjoy it!

Thx Jt, guess I'm a really boring person. :P The reason I put myself through all this boring activities must be that I'm addrenaline-challenged. Well, either that or I'm just a masochist! LOL!

I'll post again after the terrible ordeal.

~Chivo

Funny how I convinced 3 whuffo friends to come hang-gliding with me tomorrow, but I can't convince them to go skydiving! They actually think its safer because they're closer to the ground! HEHEHE! :S

he he, i had someone from my work tell me bungy jumping was much safer because you were su much closer to the ground.

I did a 1-day course when I was a lot younger at Kitty Hawk, NC. It was a great place to learn, because you just nose into the sand dune if you biff, which I did several times.

Ha Ha! I took quite a few classes at Kitty Hawk. Got a little to sure of myself one time and ended up breaking my arm on a "biff". Was great fun, though!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal