JackC1

Cookie G3 visor popping open

Has anyone else had problems with their Cookie G3 visor popping open when head down? Any ideas on how to stop it?

Watched a gal in the bigway head down camps have hers pop open. Not all the way...maybe half. Seemed pretty odd for it to open in that orientation...so I know you're not the only one. Sorry, that's all I have.
my pics & stuff!

Only reason I can think of is air pressure build-up inside helmet from air rushing in rear vent .
Could push visor out far enough to pop ?

I was thinking it could be air getting in the top of the visor and pressurising as it happens when you look down between your legs. But the rear vent is smack bang in the airflow at that point. Easy to test, I'll just gaffa tape the vent up. If it cures it, job done. Cheers, I didn't think of that.:)

Only reason I can think of is air pressure build-up inside helmet from air rushing in rear vent .
Could push visor out far enough to pop ?

I would hazard a guess and say the visor was not seated properly when put on.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How long have you had it? Do you keep the visor open a lot on the ground?

There are little o-ring like thingys in the closing mechanism which are what hold the tension to keep the visor closed.

They come in different strengths and I've seen different types in both g2's and g3's. They also can wear and lose their strength.

I recently had the issue and have replaced mine with the stronger versions and now it's perfect.

Shoot cookie an email and ask them to send you some repacements.