Pammi

Good news for parents...$400 each!

>Lets see how much taxes did that family making $26,000 pay to
> start with. The poor do not get included in tax cuts because they are
> not paying those taxes to start with.

A family that makes $26,000 a year, and has a total taxable income of $20,000 a year (after deductions etc) is paying around $2400 in taxes a year, going by last year's scales. The $400 reduction per kid would represent a 16% savings for such a family. Reducing a family's taxes by 16% is hardly "not paying taxes."

And in the mean time - let's screw the single people out of as much as possible to help pay for everyones kids.....

"Everyone's kids" - they sound like a disease put that way. Perhaps everyone should just stop having them eh?

If this is the worst that anyone gets 'screwed' then thank heavens! And whoever said life was fair anyway? Different people are all going to start naming a dozen ways rich are better off then poor and poor get screwed, or men are better off then women and women get screwed, etc, etc, etc. Whatever group they're in, they are the ones getting screwed. Perpetually unhappy people. What about all the people on welfare, some of which have no intention of getting a job or trying to support themselves. We're paying for them too (I'm not trying to give welfare people a hard time in general, just ones who live off it as long as they can to keep from actually working.) What about loser parents who walk away from their children and leave us to work as many jobs as we can to support said children while they live as free as they like. Life isn't fair, go figure. We were all single once, we all paid single taxes once.

BTW, it's actually my money I'm getting back that I paid in from my checks...not YOUR money that you paid in. I have a friend who didn't get hardly squat back for child credit because she doesn't work, therefore didn't pay into it. Her and hubby's income were too low. So she got maybe 50-60 bucks. It's a refund of money paid, not money they just have laying around.

AND they are supposed to give EVERYONE a break on their taxes by lowering the rate of what is taken out of your paychecks. So there's everyone's piece.

This was supposed to be a fun post about a piece of good news, which got turned into a political debate. So if anyone has a bit of good news, let's the rest of us bitch and complain about how WE didn't have the good fortune. Anyone get a new well paying job? Well then screw you too! That's a job *I* won't get. See my point? No? Who cares!

Thanks Val :)

Hey Bill: While a family making only $26,000 does pay a lot of taxes. Gasoline tax, Driver licence tax, Licence plate tax, taxes on phone, utilities, social security , medacare, property tax, business licence taxesand of course sales tax in California (just to name a few) . But the tables used to figure the income tax reduction start at $40,000 for a family. Then they apply standard deductions ( $18,300) and end up with $45 income tax, down from $1,133 or a 96% discount. see http://www.taxfoundation.org/bushtaxcut.html
I beleive we pay way too much taxes but, i think everyone should pay some. :o

PS: If they start taxing clouds i am moving, Clouds suck.[:/]

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...