diverdriver

Roger Nelson Memorial Service

From Missy and the SDC website:

[HR]Memorial Service

Memorial Service for Roger Nelson
Monday, June 16th, 2003
Memorial Jump at 12:00 p.m.
Services at 1:00 p.m. (Outside if weather permits)

Everyone is invited to attend and stay as long as you wish. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.
And business has resumed.

God Bless!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missy Nelson
Event Coordinator/Competitor
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Sunshine, will you add one from me in there, too?

Of course i will. Unfortunately i haven't seen my SDC family for about 4 weeks now. I haven't been able to get out there since i'm still recovering from my surgery. It will be good to be around my family so we can all go through this together. It's our sky family that helps give us the strength in these hard times.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Thanks... I appreciate it. I only met Roger once, at the Mardi Gras Boogie, but it was enough to know he was a great guy. I'm sorry for your loss... it is more yours than mine since you knew him better... but I still feel it all the same.

Nobody owns sorrow. We all feel it and are entitled to it. If you feel sorrow for Roger's passing then you go right ahead and don't minimize your own feelings. They are important too.

Nobody owns sorrow. We all feel it and are entitled to it. If you feel sorrow for Roger's passing then you go right ahead and don't minimize your own feelings. They are important too.

My thoughts exactly.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I wasn't going to post, just been quietly sitting in the background but I just had a powerful burst of emotion flood me and had to write. I am one of the many, who I'm sure wished they had met Roger but did not. I HAVE however been very fortunate to see what must be a piece of him in Rook, from all I've heard. It is with much anticipation that I now look forward to meeting and jumping with Missy in Aggieland. I can only assume she will be as enthusiastic and humble as Rook. I think Roger will surely live on through his kids and we will all continue to benefit from what he has brought to this sport. May the sun shine through these temporary clouds and fill all our skies with hope.

BSBD ~

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

This is a very sad time. My condolences. I'm hoping the support will be huge - as it should be.

Does anyone have an update on Todd's condition? Any details on the accident?

I can't find more than one article. We know Todd in our area and the locals have known Roger forever so we're pretty interested in the whole story for a lot of reasons.

Blue Skies

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants