skykitten

my new webpage layout... good or bad?

So, instead of unplugging during a lightning storm like I SHOULD, I sit down with the laptop and a backup power supply and throw together a new webpage. Design... good? bad? other?
Opinions, yo.
www.fortyfish.com
and yeah, a couple links work, some are incomplete.
:S
My brain may explode soon.

When walking up to an officer, it is not advisable to say, "Trick or Donut." Seriously.

Alright, I'm going to do away with the poop color. I'm thinking a nice magenta or maybe pule. :S
I really dig the skyflyer.nl scheme. It looks pretty sweet.
Justin, yours is pretty nice, too. A little "spooky" for me, but then again, I like to use poop for inspiration... or something... dammit. Maybe I'll just use a "My Little Pony" theme.
B|
Or not.
Back to pixel editing.

When walking up to an officer, it is not advisable to say, "Trick or Donut." Seriously.

I like the site, and actually the color is different and a nice change. what editor did you design in? dreamweaver using fireworks or something else? just curious. my opinion, if it matter... i'd make the center box a little bigger, it seems that it's split into 3's offset the middle by making it biger, maybe 2/3 of the page and then the side to the right and left the rest...

while we're at it

http://www.ksu.edu/ksupc
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Yeah, it's dreamweaver. I snagged a template and then did some editing to it. I'm learning the whole creation process, have been farting around with about three different editors (all of which give me headaches, of course) and I wanted to throw up a placeholder while messing around with "mind bogglingly cool and amazing fishy-fishy-fish graphics". Or something.
It occurred to me as I was pulling the Porsche into the barn, maybe I should use my chihuahua with the 3 foot wide stuffed head for a design.
On your page, I'm thinking since you're doing the layered loading graphics, maybe offset the "the sky is my playground" text. As it loaded, I saw the... is... sky... (I'm on dial-up, probably wouldn't have been an issue with a high speed provider.) I'm talking specifically about the index2.html graphic... it's good, but the way the images are sort of tossed up there, it gets a little hard on the eyes. Maybe put in a darker background for that cell, so the contrast doesn't make the top of the page a bunch of dark dots compared to the starkness of the rest of the page. I think it would really tie the graphics together into a tidier package.
Of course, this is still coming from the girl who likes her website to look of poo.
And I've got a huge stuffed chihuahua riding in my car, and a holy carp on my shirt. Yeah, you read it right, a holy carp. A carp with a halo. I RULE!
And instead of pixelizing stuff as I should be doing, I'm looking at pics of Nick Moran, Eddie from "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." He's hot.
Not as hot as my man, but makes for good desktop material. Hmm.
:|