browncow

reserve PC to bridle connection

Start by reading the manufacturer's instructions.
They are available - on the internet - for all the gear made during the last twenty years.

For gear older than twenty years, you will need to convince a grumpy, old, grey-bearded master rigger and ask permission to photo-copy his old collection of seventh-generation photo-copies.
Hah!
Hah!

Rob Warner
grumpy, old, frey-bearded FAA Master Rigger

are you generally happy to help explain stuff to people?

I'm willing to talk gear and how it works to anyone willing to listen. I've had people come watch their repacks (even had a one fall asleep cause apparently it's boring :D) There are even several dz.commers that have watched me rig, asked PLENTY of questions. I don't mind at all.

Also, it's nice to offer riggers beer AFTER they're done for the day, it's kinda mean to offer them one midway thru an I&R.:|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Rob,

grumpy, old, frey-bearded FAA Master Rigger

Might wanna get that beard looked at, may need a patch if it keeps fraying. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

so on the subject, the riggers that are participating in this discussion.........

how do you guys feel about inexperienced skydivers asking you a bunch of gear questions and being asked to watch you hook up slinks, and probing you with questions about gear setup........??

are you generally happy to help explain stuff to people?

after this whole discussion i am definitely gonna take all the components to a rigger here, (i just pieced together a rig with all seperate components) and have him work the magic, but i would like to learn to hook up slinks and i have quite a few questions about how my reserve is packed! i just dont want to be annoying.......

It is far more annoying to have someone say "I don't care how it works, just pack it."

Really.

I much, much prefer a jumper who wants to learn how the gear goes together, how it works, why stuff is done a certain way.

They are far more likely to catch a problem in it's beginnings, when the fix is simple.
They are more likely to catch a problem that could potentially be very, very dangerous during a gear check (of their own or someone else's - maybe even mine)

Although there are exceptions, mainly during very busy times, any rigger who isn't willing to answer gear questions is a rigger you may not want working on your stuff.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo