PhillyKev

Tree landing at Cross Keys yesterday?

Hardly worth mentioning due to lack of details.

http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_174172425.html

Skydiver Gets Tangled In Trees

Jun 23, 2003 4:53 pm US/Eastern
GLOUCESTER COUNTY, NJ (KYW) An unidentified skydiver is okay after becoming tangled in some trees.

The man reportedly touched down a little off target after jumping out of a plane that took off from Cross Keys Airport in Gloucester County.

Emergency units were called to the scene just after 4 p.m. but the man was able to free himself on his own suffering only cuts and bruises.

(MMIII, Viacom Internet Services Inc. , All Rights Reserved)

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Brian Epstein just called me. His mom left him a message all upset that someone got hurt landing in a tree and had a jumpsuit that looked like his. I informed him that the person in question was uninjured, and that yes, there is someone at the dz that has an identical suit to what he thought was his one of a kind original. That pissed him off B|

the jumper in question had about 20 jumps, and was far from what youd call current (the first time i met him was in october and he had like 12 jumps then[:/])
heres what i saw.
i was stading in the landing area gathering up my stuff (i was maybe 30 feet past the beerline(the non-beer side this time:P) almost pretty much equal distance between the fuel trucks and the deck and i looked up to see him at about 400-450ft at that point he was flying straight into the wind coming from the NW. he then flew about 200 feet more on that path then made a left turn and headed straight for the trees at the edge of the swoop pond.

although the most entertaining part of the whole thing was when the ladder truck from the fire dept swung the ladder around the back of the truck and the front wheels of the truck were about 5 feet off the ground:D:ph34r::D

but it doesnt matter now because thats old news, today paul the video guy decided to swoop the pond while he was filming a tandem with his $4000 camera helmet on, he got a little wet!:D:D:ph34r:

but it doesnt matter now because thats old news, today paul the video guy decided to swoop the pond while he was filming a tandem with his $4000 camera helmet on, he got a little wet!:D:D:ph34r:

I swear that someone raised the pond 1 foot on me! Whoever said that "Murphy" is a skydiver, nailed it right on the head. I've swooped that pond hundreds of times before and never gotten wet, but the one time I decide to do it with all of my camera gear on, I end up cartwheeling across the water. Nonetheless, all of my camera gear appears to still be working, and my container should be dry by tomorrow. Live and learn!

I swear that someone raised the pond 1 foot on me!

That could actually be possible with all the rain we've gotten lately![:/]

Good to hear from you! I'm really glad you're ok. That sounded like it was a good one. Sorry i missed it!;)

BettyAnn

Getting married? Check out my website!