2fat2fly

Self guided parachute system

Sounds like the next generation in controlled delivery systems. The military has been using a similar system that allowed a guy on the ground or while under canopy himself to steer a bundle to a desired landing point. It had it's own set of problems but it sounds like they may have found a way to make a better mouse trap. To be honest with you, I'll believe it when I actually see it work.I hope this one works better than the previous one.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Sounds like the next generation in controlled delivery systems. The military has been using a similar system that allowed a guy on the ground or while under canopy himself to steer a bundle to a desired landing point. It had it's own set of problems but it sounds like they may have found a way to make a better mouse trap. To be honest with you, I'll believe it when I actually see it work.I hope this one works better than the previous one.

And you just know that some GIs won't be able to resist modifying it so that they can make it swoop...:D
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Can you imagine a better target than a slow moving large metal container under a canopy?

So they will not shoot the plane down - they will destroy every piece of cargo that the plane will drop. Atair will earn a bundle with their in fact dispozable systems. GI's will see their cargo go up in flames, generals will spend hours drinking fine wine and playing golf with Atair sales executives and the beat goes on....:S
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Not quite like that Hans. No big "metal containers" are dropped. Even when vehicles are heavy dropped they are on a large alluminium pallet and strapped down. Depending on how high they are deployed will dictate the "exposure" time. For cross country movements they may be deployed very high and driven to the landing area. For shorter distances they may be released and allowed to freefall under drogue and then have a main deployed at a given altitude. This type of technology won't be used by most conventional forces for quite a while since the system currently used is more than adequate to get massive amounts of people and the needed equipment to the ground.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING