quade

WTF? -- When did Dennis Miller decide he was going Republican?

He's always been pretty right wing.

Oh, no, no, no.

I clearly remember him leaning ON the right quite a bit.

No..he leans on the left a lot harder..
Death penalty, abortion, he's very much a conservative.
..."not there's anyrthing WRONG with that"

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Fascinating.

I clearly remember huge parts of his act, specifically the abortion stuff that, to me sounded pretty reasonable. Something to the effect of, "If you don't have a uterus, then it's none of your business." Now, to me, that sounds like a pretty reasonable take on things and not something you'd find most Republican conservatives saying.

Death penalty, sure he's a bit harsh on his stance for pro-death for real scum-bags like those they prey on the young, but I don't find that particularly "right-wing".

So, if I agree with his humor -- am I a Republican conservative? That can't be correct.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Perhaps I am missing something, but I do not see how a particular stance on a few "soapbox" issues defines your party affiliation. I vehemently disagree with a few of the issues my political party likes to spout off about, but the issues that matter the most with me are what actually spawned my particular loyalties.
Show me the person that agrees with everything their political party stands for, and you will have just shown me a true moron. Opinions are developed through time and life experience, and do not have to mesh completely. Perhaps Dennis Miller is actually intelligent enough to realize that.

Why can't Miller be in the "right" and lean on it at the same time? I'm a conservative, I can laugh at other conservatives.

I disagree with Gray Davis, but I don't hate him. I'm stunned at how many "liberals" or "Leftists" or whatever they want to call themselves aren't content to disagree with GWB, but want to destroy him and to motivate other's blood to boil, and to incite folks to hate him.

When Arnold get elected Governor, Miller will make the best press secretary in California history. There will be a lot of laughter in those breifings about the greatest state deficit in the history of humanity.

:P

Well, all I know is that:

1. I am a Republican, although I don't agree with all party stances

2. I have always loved Dennis Miller, and I tend not to like comedians who totally slam on Republicans, although he can be at least somewhat "equal opportunity" from what I've seen over the years

3. I recently saw Dennis live in Las Vegas, and whatever you may think about his old stuff, he was VERY Republican in that act. Had me ROTFL the whole show! I'd think many democrats would have walked out of that show as it was quite biased.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Whoa slow down . . . we're just have a little chat about a guy that delievers the chuckles for a living. ;)

Ditto!
And after his monday nite football gig...
What party would actually WANT him as a spokesperson!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm stunned at how many "liberals" or "Leftists" or whatever they want to call themselves aren't content to disagree with GWB, but want to destroy him and to motivate other's blood to boil, and to incite folks to hate him.

So, what are you saying, there's a vast conspiracy of left-wing liberals?

I didn't buy that when the argument was used by the Clintons and I don't buy it now either.

No matter what leader is in power there will always be a very vocal minority of people that make it appear as if there is a movement agaisnt them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm stunned at how many "liberals" or "Leftists" or whatever they want to call themselves aren't content to disagree with GWB, but want to destroy him and to motivate other's blood to boil, and to incite folks to hate him.

So, what are you saying, there's a vast conspiracy of left-wing liberals?

I didn't buy that when the argument was used by the Clintons and I don't buy it now either.

No matter what leader is in power there will always be a very vocal minority of people that make it appear as if there is a movement agaisnt them.

No. No vast conspiracy. And you're right, plenty of folks spewed invective at the Clintons, I didn't care for that either. I try to live in the present, and I just don't care for tearing anybody up for sport. Be they politicians or whatever.

And I agree with you, quade. He was more liberal in the past. Back then, Republicans were easy to pick on. So were Democrats, but Republicans were a better target. Then came Dukakis. He lost, so Dan Quayle was there for the picking!

Now he doesn't need the money from railing on the Republicans. Much of Dennis Miller's stuff nowadays is about the ridiculousness of the politics. Like his Robert Byrd comment. And Limbaugh agreed. The point was, "If you knock David Duke for being in the Klan, then knock Robert Byrd."

But, you can't do that. Byrd is a Democrat. And we all know that only Republicans are racists, bigots and homophobes. Miller says, "Wait a second. That's nonsense." Ergo, he pointed it out. It may be that he is simply against bigotry from either side. You think he wouldn't pick on David Duke because he was a Republican candidate? Of course he would.

That's the point. He's not so much Republican as he is consistent. The side-point is that Republicans are consistent. Need we forget, Clinton isn't the only one who got hammered for sex scandals during that time. Much of the Republican leadership did, as well. From Republicans.

My wife is hotter than your wife.