AggieDave

What's happening in Texas?

Waller's (SD Houston) Otter lost an engine today, I heard that Spaceland is grounded because W. is in the area and I heard another rumor that Wharton's T-bo is down for some reason...

Anyone know about these thing? All I've heard is scuttlebutt...

Well, I hope that Skyfest is going well, but I haven't heard anything from the SD Aggieland jumpers that are up there this weekend, so I assume it is.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was on the Skydive Houston Otter on load seven. I was sitting near the front and was watching the takeoff. We had just broke ground and were about 30-50 feet in the air when I heard two loud bangs
The plane jerked oh so slightly. Adam was flying and did a superb job of handling the emergency. It wasn't a full load. The plane started to descend slightly but then begin to climb on the good engine. Adam identified the left engine as the one that quit and shut it down. We continued to climb to about 2,400 feet and almost all the jumpers jumped out single file. It was very orderly, I rode the airplane down cause it was one of the few times I had ever experienced an engine out emergency, The last two being a DC-3 and Twin Beech several years ago that were already near jump altitude when the trashed engines. We though one of the jumpers on the load deployed his reseve cause that's what he decided to do but later we found out he may have had a total on the rig. All in All it was uneventful and I can't say enough Kudos to Adam our pilot for his outstanding airmanship which was seconded by all who were on board. I would also like to complement the entire load for being cool and calm during the emergency.

Chris

Adam's bad luck dude!

He owns the plane that went down in Aggieland a while back. (The 182 I was on, that I posted about).:P:P

Well, I'm glad that it turned out good and that even the airplane made it back with out new bends in it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."