RevJim

22 days

Thanks for posting this. I'm about ready to give it another try. Back in February, I tried to quit for Lent, and that lasted about three days. [:/]

I need to take your suggestion and just do something else. Luckily, my guy doesn't smoke, and while he says it doesn't bother him, it's still easier to not smoke simply because he doesn't.

Lately I've been waking up coughing and tasting the smoke from the night before. That's disgusting. And I get winded pretty easily. That's pathetic. Plus, I certainly don't want to encourage wrinkles.

All that said, and known, and it's still so hard... [:/]

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

KILL A STRANGER. whatever works!:D

Kill a kitten...

umm not yet...:S gimme a min....UUUUUG. im done!:D

Ew. I hope you covered your keyboard with a towel or something...

Damn. That was fast. I'm jealous.

;)

Shh. Do you hear that? Something's coming...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Shh. Do you hear that? Something's coming...

Something? I think it was someone. B|

No it was something - a hijack!! I knew you guys wouldn't resist a reference like that! :D

What can I say, you've got a sexy eye!

And another one to match! ;)

Congrats, Jim!

Keep up the good work.

Once you hit a milestone where you no longer even think about yourself in relation to smoking, you'll be golden. I mean when you don't self-identify as a "smoker" or even "ex-smoker", and smoking is completely irrelevant to you. Be totally past it.

Then you can start working on your wife. You've made the decision for your own good, and if she quit, it would be better for the both of you.

Ya know, Justin, my thoughts are usually pretty clear. Ya wanna smoke, it's your choice, and that goes for her too (just not in the new house).

Catch here is there is also 4 children in the house, from 4 to 12. What gives us the right to decide that it's ok to smoke around them? simple, we don't have the right. I'm taking steps to make sure they need not be around smoke either, starting with the car and van. She's not gonna be happy, but what the fuck.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Jim,

The kids would be the clincher for me.

My parents never smoked, but theirs did. My parents bought a home about when I was born. They put a big brass "No Smoking" sign right in the center of the front door. My grandparents came over and tried to light up inside, assuming the sign surely wouldn't apply to them. They ended up smoking outside in the rain. The rule was ironclad, with no exceptions. My parents hated smoking, but they did it for my brother and I.

I understand your accepting your wife's freedom to choose, but try to get her see that same view for the kids in the house. They don't choose the secondhand smoke. Maybe if the inconvenience and embarassment become big enough, she'll choose to ditch the habit also.

Congratulations, Jim! That's a great string-o-days you have going there:)
And Rebecca, quit. Today. Because that'll add one more day to your string-o-days.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, then go watch a movie. No smoking in theaters, right? Or go shopping -- that's always in good taste!

Wendy
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This is scary. I was going to start a thread about quiting, I have only smoked 4 cig's in 3 days......and it is not easy. especially since i work around alot of smokers and they have no simpathy.

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

STOP COUNTING!!!

Hi, my name is Rev Jim and I'm an alcoho.... oops, wrong thread. B|

What makes quitting this addiction/habit and different than quitting drinking, cocaine, heroine, meth, ect?

NOTHING!

Quitting is quitting. If counting helps, do it!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1