chopchop

closest dz to DC

Skydive orange is 1.5 hrs from DC, that is where i'm jumping.. let me know when you'll be here.. this weekend is the orange boogie, hot air ballon jumps and bi planes and helis and all that other fun.. i won't be there this weekend though.

They jump 15.00 wednesdays and are open on the weekends..

PM me when you're coming

kevin

hey Kevin.. I my be there the 5th - 7th and then again the 16th and 17th.. and I have tooo much fun, maybe the 19th - 21st.. All in September.. Anything special happening during those times?
B|
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Guy Wright is doing an RW Big Way camp on the 12-14.

Brian Germain is bringing out his demo canopies and kites while he does freefly coaching on the 21st and 22nd.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

hey Kevin.. I my be there the 5th - 7th B|

Oh, you just HAVE to come out to Skydive The Point in West Point, VA that weekend! It's Carol Clay's birthday boogie. You know that Carol is The Queen, right? Made her 14,000th skydive a couple months ago. We bring out a Casa just for her birthday, and I think they have Roger Ponce doing organizing if you are into RW. It's a great time! Depending on where you are at in the DC area, and on traffic, you are looking at maybe 1.5 - 2.5 hour drive. We have many regulars who come down from that way every weekend. PM me and I'll send you directions.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

PM me and I'll send you directions.

Oooh, lucky you, Chopchop, Luna's on the job now. She helped me out a ton when I went to VA. She will take very good care of you. (But, not in the way you want...she has a husband!) :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skydive Virginia in Louisa (my home DZ) is about the same distance as Orange. Perhaps 5-10 miles further, but worth the trip IMO.

www.skydivevirginia.com

We are a smaller DZ than orange, but VERY friendly and we've got a great night life too. We have both RW and Freefliers out there and everyone is happy to welcome visitors (both in the air and on the ground)

Our plane is out of commission right now, so I'm not sure what kind of aircraft we'll have on what weekends, though we might end up with a Porter for the fall.

If you want more info, let me know. :)
Bettina

Trust me on this one....Go to ORANGE, you won't be sorry. You can jump as fast as you can pack and the people/partying is unparalleled. They aren't sucking at Orange!:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hey, Skydive Virginia! is one DZ you got to check out. You ought to come down and play with us in the sky. We're friendly and rarely bite ;)
website is www.skydivevirginia.com
Its good to experience different dzs so give us a chance to show ya what an awesome dz we are.
Day and Night time are always 'happenin' at our dz.
PMS #113
PMTS #19

haha wow everyone is fighting for your business :) I may be up for a road trip to west point, never been there and love me some casas..

Yeah, bring him to West Point for that weekend of the 5th-7th (Casa is coming out maybe mid-day or early afternoon on the 5th). He can go to Orange and Louisa on the other weekends, but this is one not to be missed. Jim also has a couple of Birdman suits to rent, so maybe you can get some people to do some birdman jumps with you, too! B|

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

haha wow everyone is fighting for your business :) I may be up for a road trip to west point, never been there and love me some casas..

Yeah, bring him to West Point for that weekend of the 5th-7th (Casa is coming out maybe mid-day or early afternoon on the 5th). He can go to Orange and Louisa on the other weekends, but this is one not to be missed. Jim also has a couple of Birdman suits to rent, so maybe you can get some people to do some birdman jumps with you, too! B|

Cool i have my spare gti if it'll fit someone who is experienced down there.

closest dz's to dc are skydive virginia and skydive orange (both virtually exact same distance)....which one is the best??? everyone you get responses from will be biased, both kick ass!

personally, if you are going to be here multiple weekends, i would check them both out...remeber, variety is the spice of life!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

How adult, and mature of you Monkey.

whoa, that scares me....come out to sdv, we'll pummel your spleen! (is that better???)

;)<--something in eye

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Cool i have my spare gti if it'll fit someone who is experienced down there.

Kevin, that would be cool! Jim Crouch has done some and could jump with you if he isn't too busy with the school. Of course, he can use one of his own suits! We have 2 part-timers who have done some jumps, one has done 2-3 and one has done maybe 6-10. I haven't seen them in a while, but I would expect to see them for Carol's birthday. I think there may be a few others who have done 1 or 2 birdman jumps. But, if you have a suit that you can loan people so they don't have to rent, you might get some first-time takers. Maybe with Jim's 2 suits, you could do some flocks! :D

As for distance from DC, we might be an extra 30 minutes further than Orange or Louisa, but not much more than that. I also agree that if you have multiple weekends to spend in the area, you should try the different DZ's out. But, if I were you, I'd just check out West Point that first weekend, since it is Carol's birthday boogie. Why pass up a Casa and a great party when you will be so close? :D

wow! thanks everyone for all the info and invites.. :P It looks like I won't be coming at all.. Sean from Orlando can be in 2 places at once.. or so it seems.. anyway.. I will pass on the info to him so he can decide what to do when he is stuck in DC... B|B|B|B|

BTW.. his dz.com name is science
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures