cloudy

Whatcha drinking?

easy dave...those things take time...
Architects have to fuck around w/ stuff till they feel that it's all fubar'ed enough and then they give it to the design commitee. The design committee dis approves it and they start all over. Usually 3 times.

Then the drawings are approved. So a budget has to be alotted. So then comes the preliminary bid...eventually they find out that the cost is too high. So then the architect starts trimming off some of the features, (in this case it was a whole fucking building...kinda like a visitors center.) Like you don't forsee these things...

So the design committee get a shot at it twice more, then they send it out for the preliminary bid #2....Well, now they have not (hypothetically) spent the money they could have...guess what...back to the architects again...and again to the Design committee. So now everything is ready. Now put it out to bid, right....

Ok, Bidding process...ever heard opf affirmative action? Well, we have "HUB" here. Yep! Historically Underutilized Buissnesses.(They were going to call it Minority Owned Buisnesses, but you can see where that was going(I'm not kidding)

So now I ave to spend my day calling these mom and pop companies that 1/2 of which don't even exist any more, why? Because someone somewhere felt sorry for someone and increased the workload that it takes for someone to be able to submit a bid...no shit, 27 pages, front and back, (about 10 on the font scale)...every six lines is a new call i have to make, roughly 8 per side, at 27 pages front and back, thats give or take 432 phone calls that I have to not only call once, but twice. Here's the good part. Of the last three bids that I have had to do this on, one...one....time did i get a proper response. ONCE!!!! Oh yeah, do ya think they are local?....NOOOOO

Talk aboput a beuricratic waste of my fucking Time! And the companies money! So I spend my days on the phone listening to little recordings about this line and that line being disconnected...so I have to wait until everyione goes to bed until i get any of MY work done.

Look on the bright side you say...ok...one thing...while Im on the phone with the busy signal and such, I get to post whore.

So anyway...not only do the phone calls need to be made, A LETTER has to be sent to the last known address stating that we would like for them to contact us in reguards to the bid, yadda yadda yadda

Just curious...WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS?

OK, I feel better....Rant Over....I needed that.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun