jojames

NEED HELP choosing. optima 2, neptune 2 or neoxs

the neoxs, optima 2, and neptune 2 are all in my price range. if anyone can help me with the choice. or if anyone has feedback on these 3 audibles.. the neoxs is nice and cheap and ive heard L&B have good service but all i want is an audible that beeps and is easy to use. im just A beginner and dont need all the swooping stuff etc. any advice would be great

I'd recommend the Optima. Not a lot more than the Solo, but allows for much greater precision in setting altitudes.
For the wingsuit FFC's, I'll have the student set the first alarm for 6100, second alarm for 5600, and third alarm for 3100.
The Solo doesn't allow for settings outside the X000 and X500 points.

i like neptunes because they will tell you your decent rate in ft/sec on the display. Its helpful to know this information as you learn more about canopy skills.

Theyre all accurate. Though if its mounted improperly and the sensor is obscured, you may have some crappy readings that may be read slightly off. But if your not swooping, it shouldnt matter.

awesome thanks so much.

i will go for the optima 2 then. you re right . not much more and with the extra accuracy it should be worth it.

cheers and thanks again

I'll add that the Optima allows for adjusting the volume & pitch of the alarms. That has proven to be very useful for me (hearing damage).

Disclaimer: Newbie_Newbie_Newbie...

i like neptunes because they will tell you your decent rate in ft/sec on the display. Its helpful to know this information as you learn more about canopy skills.

Theyre all accurate. Though if its mounted improperly and the sensor is obscured, you may have some crappy readings that may be read slightly off. But if your not swooping, it shouldnt matter.

+1. The Neptune can also be used either as a altimeter or an audible depending on your need at the moment, which for some is an added benefit in one device. Both companies stand firmly behind their products which is nice. Alti-2 is located in the USA where they build their products which also makes service quick if you ever need to send something in or want to call and ask a question.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I went with a Optima as an audible as I think it pairs well with my N3 as a wrist mount and a altitrak on my mudflap. Can't go wrong with the Optima 2
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp