lummy

I HATE GraniteCanyon!!!

Just needed to bitch about my public DNS being down for over 12 hours now. My whole domain is unreachable until the piece of crap is back up or my NS records are updated at internic....

Anybody recommend a good free Secondary NS? I've already signed up 4 secondary.org and twisted4life.com
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Can you still atleast hit it via the IP? You could always call someone you know that works at an ISP or has their own server to claim the name, change the DNS tables and park it on their server with a redirect to your correct IP...B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Nah.... no pings from any of the 3 servers, no answer from the website.

I'm running DNS locally, it's setup as an unpublished primary. I added 2 more secondaries, just have to wait til the registrar gets the updates.

Whatever Jimbo.... I seem to remember that the internet is free. most of the production services are running on free software that was made under the GNU.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

and I thought you were blaming it on me for not sending you the domain change...

LOL... well if I KNEW that the registration had been changed last week (when it was) and that I could now get in to add NS entries, I wouldn't be bitchin about having to wait for the updates to go thru while the flakey server are down...:P

Whatever Jimbo.... I seem to remember that the internet is free. most of the production services are running on free software that was made under the GNU.

BIND might be free, but the bandwidth and the servers and the time it takes to maintain them aren't.

UNKLE okay?!??!?!

Look, I really don't feel like arguing the point of free or public services, I was only expressing my frustration over not having my domain, ok?

I seem to remember that the internet is free. most of the production services are running on free software that was made under the GNU.

To be technically correct, why not right? Neither BIND, nor Apache are GNU. There's more than just one free software license out there.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.