eml

still scared after all these years

This has been going on for over 28 years. In this time, I've ran the DZ, trained many students, did tandems for over 10 years and AFF for more years than that. The only time I've ever really noticed an affect in freefall was if I jumped by myself. I will do it, but a long solo freefall is not fun for me. People think I'm joking when I say "I'm scared to jump by myself there's nothing to do but look at my altimeter." In fact, this is my first public discussion of it.

----------------------------------------

That's funny. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. If there's someone else there, it's almost like "Well, it must be OK. There are other people here too".

I love to jump w/ other folks, but don't enjoy jumping alone. I'll do it only if there's no other option.

Stan

Skydiving is a really hard sport to partake in.

It’s dangerous, expensive and you really need to find the right group of people to make it fun.

I generally jump solo unless I know the other person and I feel safe jumping with them.

I recently had my Home DZ close down so I’m not really thrilled about starting over somewhere new.

If you don’t feel safe with the people you are with, you should feel nervous. These people are a liability until proven otherwise.

I don’t know if I’m going to continue in the sport because I’m bored. I don’t have the money to jump all year and get really good. You’ve been in the sport 10 years so maybe you’ve just reached a point where you’ve had enough. There’s nothing wrong with that.