skybytch

That was fun

Wow. What a weekend. I haven't had that much fun with that many good friends in awhile. Thanks so much everyone who came out to welcome me to Florida. :)
Finished a great weekend off by taking today off work too. Headed up to Deland with eeneR and Dagny; the plan was to visit Kolla and Gillian at PD and arlo at TSO and maybe try to squeeze in a jump or two before taking eeneR to Orlando for her flight home.

Arrived at Deland about noon after I had a bit of van trouble - intermittent fuel delivery problems... So anyway, called Kate's cell and found out that she'd be there in about an hour. Headed over to TSO to bug arlo. Checked out her store, Dagny almost bought a helmet, I was tempted to buy some sunglasses (since the ones I have somehow got caked with cake ;)). Headed over to PD (I had to get some paperwork from them); Kolla was out to lunch but Gillian - who I've been wanting to meet since she was my dealer rep when I was at Square One - was there and we chatted for awhile.

Back to the dz we went. After we had lunch it was time to get eeneR to the airport. Since my vans fuel delivery issues hadn't been addressed by a competent technician, Dagny offered to go in her car, which turned out to be an adventure in itself (but I'll let eeneR or Dagny tell that tale).

I stayed at Deland cuz Kate had shown up and I really wanted to jump with her. Ended up doing a three way that a) reminded me how fun it is to turn a bunch of points and b) showed me exactly what doing a bunch of coached tunnel time can do for your flying. Kate and Carsten had just finished doing five and a half hours in the tunnel and 20 some jumps in four days. They were rock solid in the air - we did 24 points or so. Had I not brainlocked and slid out and went a bit low and floated up a bit - i.e. if I were half as good as they are - we probably could have done 40. Every grip was there waiting for me when I turned (or floated back up, or sunk back down, or slid back in). Way fun skydive!

Got on the sunset "big way" (a 12 way). Planned and completed three points, the last of which was a BFR (big f-ing round). Gotta love those loose sunset loads that work. B|

Dagny got back just before the sunset load went up. After the jump we hung out and drank beers with some of the locals. I was talking to Kate and mentioned that while we were standing there drinking beer, people in California were working... so of course we both thought it'd be fun if I DD'ed dgskydive just to rub in how much fun his boss and I were having in Deland. :P

It shouldn't have taken more than 2 1/2 hours to get back to Sebastian. We left a bit after 8 pm; me in my van and Dagny following in her car. We arrived here at 1 am, me riding with her in her car. Damn van repeated it's antics and I ended up having a tow truck take it to a shop about 80 miles from home :S>:( I'm sooooo lucky that Dagny was sooooooo sweet to follow me back, then sit and wait with me on the side of the road, then give me a ride back hiome.... Girl - you rock!!!! :)
If you've pm'ed me in the past day or so, I'll answer you on Tuesday. For now... it's time for sleep.

Got on the sunset "big way" (a 12 way). Planned and completed three points

Well technically we did a 1 point 12 way, a 1 point 10 way and a 1 point 11 way :D

You've got to love how well the students here are trained, always plenty of beer to be drank :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

Oh good... I wasn't the only one who didn't pick up that grip on the second point then

LOL, every time I tried bring my leg back to you the guy on your left would go under me and I'd have to move my leg away again! :D

Good to meet, jump and drink with you Ari.

You too Lisa, but next time I expect to see the bytch! >:(
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

This weekend was really great for me, too! And I am sooo glad that I made the trip to Deland with you and eeneR. Besides the great company, it was cool to check out a completely new to me DZ and get a feel for the vibe there. I think I was spoiled by all the men holding doors for me...not that I'm complaining. And visiting PD and meeting Kate and Ari were very cool as well. Had fun watching your 12 way (or 10 way or 11 way or whatever it became ;)) form, too!

I don't know if things happen for a reason, but it felt that way yesterday. Running late getting eeneR to the airport and her flight gets delayed...sweet! Deciding at the last minute to follow you to Deland and being there to help you get back home....awesome! I just have to assume that my being unable to jump despite my best efforts was meant to be, too.

It definitely was a fun weekend! :)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Running late getting eeneR to the airport and her flight gets delayed...sweet!

Oh it got better, after I talked to you, the lady at the counter told me to go two gates down, there was a flight with space leaving right away for chicago....so got home before the luggaged, picked up the dogs, then went back and got my bag on the way home from my brothers....:) Woohoo...worked out great...

Deciding at the last minute to follow you to Deland and being there to help you get back home

Girl you rock, im so glad you did come along for many reasons...but it made me feel good knowing lisa didn have to drive back home with out someone trailing her.

Oh and by the way, me knee is doing much better....:P not 100% but getting there
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Oh and by the way, me knee is doing much better....:P not 100% but getting there

What?! Gimpy isn't limpy anymore! Yay! :) Glad to hear it's getting better...can't have my friends broken...that just wouldn't do!

***Now you just need to get your butt to TX and stow away in my truck for a road trip to the Holiday Boogie in Eloy.

Hell, yeah, I do! :D

Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

What?! Gimpy isn't limpy anymore! Yay!

Gimpy is still a bit limpy but not as limpy as gimpy was ;)

It is just stiff...and I have a god aweful cramp in my left calf now....:S Stretching that out and all should be good!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I have just got to say that it was my immense pleasure to meet both the bytch and her cohorts. We managed to chat about dealership stuff, safety and training, how to entice impulse buyers ;), and even a sizable amount of smack condsidering the short visit.

I am looking forward to making it down to Sebastian soon!

Thanks for stopping by. :)