SuperGirl

freefly friendly rig with Spectre 150

Once upon a time, when I was a relative noob and a poor college student with an A license and no gear of my own yet, someone wonderful on here let me jump her gear for an entire summer just because she was injured and couldn't.

I think it's time to pay it forward...
As some of you may know, I recently had knee surgery and I'm not jumping for the season. There's no reason for my gear to just sit in my closet and not get used till the fall.

If you're a new(ish) jumper and don't have money for your own rig yet, and are lightweight and okay to jump a 150, let me know and I might be able to hook you up for the duration of the summer.

Container is a Quasar II, main is a Spectre 150, Cypres was recently serviced, reserve repack was done a month ago.

All I expect is that you take care of my shit properly and take responsibility if anything happens to it while it's in your possession. If you chop & lose my main, replace it... You know, general common sense stuff.

wow - that is an awesome offer, I am sure there is someone to take you up on it.

years ago when I had just started working for the dz I had old gutter gear, many many jumps on it, it was the start of a boogie that we had - one load of students on friday night then a weekend of partying, jumping and debauchery - my main blew the center cell out on that jump - no replacement, I was so upset I cant even put it into words, a jumper from idaho came up to me and handed me his brand new rig - everything new in it saying he had just recieved a call from work and he wouldnt be able to stay for the boogie...

I was speechless - even back then a complete rig wasnt cheap and I had never met this jumper before that day, I really wish I could remember his name but its been a few years.

his only request was to leave it with the dzo and not tear it up and if something was damaged to have it fixed or replaced - and no I couldnt pay him for the use of the rig -

but I got sneaky since he wouldnt let me pay him *(I put 30$ wrapped around the reserve repack card) - it was the least I could do

I ended up with three rigs at one time a few years later and often loaned them out to jumpers who needed them, paying it foreward was the right thing to do.

you rock!

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.