airtwardo

Ohhh Nooo!

Actually, you're close. It's an ISP. There's only so much we are responsible for, but getting customers to understand that their broken monitor is not something their Internet Service Provider can take care of is like trying to teach fish to speak Icelandic: you probably COULD, if you spent several lifetimes, but your resultant heart attack makes the futility of it all hit home in one final blow. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Just for old times sake I'll tell you one of my funny stories from the telecom days. I get a tech and this lady on the phone. She says her connection doesn't work anymore. Keep in mind that I work ATM and Frame Relay networks. She says that she had the connection with her "Home Office" disco'd because she didn't need it anymore but she still had her Frame Relay up and running. She just couldn't figure out why she couldn't get on the internet. Well....long story short...she used her FR connection to the home office to get to their servers and then onto the internet. It took quite a bit of explaining to get her to understand why the "majik box" didn't work anymore......:D

Oh lord...the madness never ends. I suppose I can stop feeling sorry for myself after THAT story. Although I DO have daily aneurysms over the people who call day after day with the same problem: computers they pick up off the side of the road and expecting that they will magically be able to connect to the Internet with a system that Moses used to count blades of grass.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

More proof that God hates white trash.

Tornados love trailer parks, and trailer parks love furniture in the front yard!!!

LMAO!! Hey! I've got relatives that resemble that remark :o...um, relatives by marriage...gotta love 'em anyhow! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Sweety....."Most people are stupid." :D

I know. Dear God, do I know.

I think I've developed a Memento-like short-term memory loss to deal with that. Every morning I wake up having forgotten that (a) there is no limit to stupidity, and (b) most people are trying to find it anyway.

So, I live in a world of hope and ignorant bliss - until some idiot inevitably reminds me what I was blocking out. Fortunately, that doesn't happen every day, since I'm really good at selective blindness, too.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Fortunately, that doesn't happen every day, since I'm really good at selective blindness, too.

Damn did I need that today. There was a Walrus like woman that sat across the isle from me. She could barely haul her fat ass into the seat. After walking about 10 feet, after the monumental task of getting out of the "Huge Fat Bitch" model wheel chair, and managing to situate herself she was out of breath. I had been feeling hungry since I ate breakfast around 0445 and it was 1400. After watching that I had suddenly lost my appetite. [:/] (Where's the PUKE icon?)