lazerq3

Refered or on your own??

This may sound stupid but when I was a kid about 9yrs. old or so my parents took me to this wildlife preserve theme park....and during one of the shows I was chosen out of the crowd to race a red tail hawk
the race went like this....I had a long leather thong about 6' or so with a piece of meat attached to it
i was supposed to run as fast as I could to the finish line ....about 20 ft. away before the hawk got to the meat well i started thinking about how cool it was going to be to go back to school the following monday having won a race against a RED TAIL HAWK....when they yelled GO I ran like the devil
my heart was beating out of my chest "little Tommy hawk racer".....well damn if the hawk did'nt land on that piece of meat long before I ever got to the finish line........when I turned around and saw that hawk pickin apart that hunk of meat i swear he laughed at me...........SKYDIVING......I call it traing for my re-match with that damn hawk..........true story........Tom

"Any fool can learn for his own mistakes, a wise man learns from anothers." Mark Twain

They called me a chicken!!! A DAMB CHICKEN!!!!! NOBODY calls me a chicken! (except my mom, and most of my good friends.);)

Really? A good friend got me hooked. Don't regret a second of it!! B|

Don't tell me I can't! I already know that! Haven't you seen my x-rays?

I did it on my own. Something that I had always wanted to do, so I went out and did it! One of the best things I ever did in my life!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

On my own, wanted to do it since I was 6 or 7. Freshman year at college I spotted a notice for meeting sponsored by a nearby drop zone, so I went and signed up and got to go with a large student group. Great discount too - $35 for my FJC (neener-neener). Of course this was 1974.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Told ya.. I am old..
Dude I have a mid 4 digit D number
I have a mid 4 digit SCR number

I have a high 4 digit pops number.. that I only joined this year.. but uh I did not jump for 22 years.. So I was only eligible for the last half of that:P

But I am having fun.. and I can AFFORD to have fun now.. back when I was jumping before I was ALWAYS broke. Otherwise I would have continued jumping in spite of other obligations.. But when you are making less than $400 a month that $55 went a LONG way.;)

Well.......I was trying to decide whether to buy a mobile phone to keep in touch with my girlfriend at the time or use the money for a tandem, she saved me the decision and dumped me a week after discussing my options......which worked out pretty good as far as skydiving goesB|