Sebazz1

T-Shirt Funnies...

So, she needs change a screen name, because you think she should?

Show me ONE place where I said that?

But she (and everyone else) needs to understand that when you give yourself a name that people will use it. If you call yourself a God/Goddess people are going to think that you are full of yourself.

Perfect example is the Wrongway thread. He made some mistakes and got a nickname...But he kept it and bitched that people would not take him seriously....Well DUH! If I call myself Fat, dumb, low guy. People will think that I am Fat, Dumb and that I go low...Add that to the fact that most here think Im a major Asshole and there you have it! People will get an opinion of me based off of my name. In fact Im 5'6" 150# I don't think I'm dumb and I have not gone low in several hundred jumps. But my name would make it seem that I do it all the time cause Im a fat boy.

Fact or not, the screen name can say loads about the person....

And God/Goddess in skydiving shows a massive ego.

And if you CHOOSE to call yourself that then you should be prepared to take some heat. Do you see anyone else calling themselves "Gods"?

A quick search showed 48 results of users with God in their names...Of them only 6 have posts.

FreeflyGoddess with 1088 and 117 jumps.
BuddaGod with 2 posts and 340 jumps
JumpGod with 124 posts and 250 jumps.
SkybeerGodd with 78 posts and 2800 jumps.
Skygod7777 with 1589 posts and 1,100 jumps

To be honest the last two surprize me...But the rest are folks with less than 500 jumps.

All I ever said was with a name like GOD/Goddess in this sport some folks are going to think you have a massive ego....Correct or not...Perception is reality to most people.

And if you are going to call yourself something like that then you should expect that you will get flack for it.

Does that mean you should change? Nope, but it also means you should not bitch when people label you based on your name. You choose it....Live with it, and that includes people giving you shit for it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

all I'm saying is that a "goddess" has a very different connotation than a "god." for a woman to call herself a "goddess" of something, it means she brings her own particular flair to something.

Not in skydiving its the same thing...Which is my point about people not learning the culture.

Also, I feel that personal issues with someone's username belong in private messages, rather than the public forum, and even then, there's no excuse for rudeness

True, in fact I have no issue with her name...I have an issue with people not understanding the culture of something and expecting the culture to change for them, or expect to be treated differently "just because".

Fact is you call yourself a God/Goddess in this sport it is seen as an ego thing...It does not matter what it is looked at in other places...HERE Skygod is an insult.

And I understand Swoopys opinion...even if I don't agree with his approach, or even the fact that it was brought up at all. I mean I could not give a shit if you want to call yourself Goddess of all things Airborne!!! But if you wanna call yourself a God/Goddess, expect some flack.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Geez people! I had limited time to check threads today, so I thought I could skip over a t-shirt thread. Boy, was I ever wrong! :S

I'm locking it so it won't contine in the fashion that it is now, but you can still look at the t-shirts.

Nice way to spread the love at Thanksgiving, guys.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon