captainpooby

favorite zombie fighting weapon/caliber

Holy water does not effect the walking dead(zombies).....but a Supersoaker filled with Holy water would be effective against vampires...or so we are lead to believe:S...mind you...decapatation works against both evil foes...so blades or a shotgun will work on both...

Grrrr you mean I have to use a REAL weapon? how......boring. .45 acp then. Not the most accurate but inside of 25 yards you only need the one round.

You forgot the great granddaddy of all revolvers and my personal choice for zombie splashing....the .454 Casull. Just don't miss. Your arms will hurt too much to get off a second round.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Gee ... y'all didnt even put my purse gun on the list.

Sheesh such male chauvinism..my Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag with 3 maxfire speed loaders should do just fine.

Hello Mr. Zombie how you like my 240 grain jacketed hollow points.:)

Now if his friends were coming over to my house for fun. I have this nice little pistol grip pump MossburgB|

Yes Maam, I do apologize. You may use your weapon. 'scuse me.;)

I'd totally go with a shotgun. Its got huge knockdown power, so even if you don't blow off their head, they gonna be down long enough for you to reload. Besides, its not like you need a long range or even medium range rifle for zombies.
And I would choose a pump-action or semi shotgun over a sawed-off. It can hold more ammo, and has better accuracy.

but if I had to choose from your poll, I would go with the .45 since you don't need the armor piercing abilities of 5.56 or 7.62 against unarmored zombies. not to mention the .45 has big knockdown power.

MB 3528, RB 1182

I'll take a GAU-8/A seven-barrel Gatling gun, depleted uranium rounds, at approx 4,000+rpm. B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I was gonna say... no one has said .44 mag??
To quote the infamous Dirty Harry...

But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

.44 Magnum hasn't been the most powerful handgun in the world for -quite- some time.

If I were looking for ugly raw power I might consider the Desert Eagle .50AE, but it's not known for its accuracy and would be a real pain in the ass (or wrist) after just a few shots. My understanding is they also have a tendancy to jam at all the wrong times. Not only that, but you'd probably be blinded by the flash in most zombie fighting situations.

Sometimes, more power isn't better.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver