Deuce

Horrible beauty.

I just saw "Master and Commander". It captured the horrible beauty of masculinity better than any film I've seen yet.

Masculinity can be a stubborn, stupid thing, but it is what it is. Losing one's arm bravely for one's country is uniquely a masculine traight. Boys pretending to be men is also along those lines.

The first time I felt that stupid, amazing, fearless bravery was in Quantico in 1985. I was at OCS and we were double-timing with our rifles and I felt as badass as I have ever felt.

Ten years later I felt the same way kicking doors in serving search warrants.

It's not particularly nice, but it is uniquely masculine. I have had female partners, and they have all felt a little silly doing the martial stuff when men felt righteous.

Funny.

But I think the movie was worth seeing. Particularly for guys. It's a renter as a couple movie.

I saw it last weekend with my Dad. Great guy movie, I really liked it.

I love how they made an entire movie that is nothing but one ship trying to sink another, and it was completely captivating...you would think something like that would get boring after a while.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

"horrible beauty of masculinity"

Uhhhh......is there something you need to tell us, Deuce?? B|

I think he's just using this post to extend his 15 minutes of fame to perhaps 17 minutes. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.