quade

Kucinich - it's called a radio - look into it.

Not exactly savvy in the ways of the medium. ;)

Kucinich Shows Pie Chart on Radio Debate

By Associated Press

January 6, 2004, 8:44 PM EST

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Federal spending was the topic and Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich came prepared with a pie chart to argue his point about a bloated Pentagon budget.

But although many listened to Tuesday's presidential debate, few could see the Ohio congressman's prop.

The debate was broadcast only on National Public Radio.

As Kucinich challenged Democratic front-runner Howard Dean for refusing to acknowledge that the Pentagon budget needs to be cut, debate moderator Neal Conan of NPR interrupted.

"Congressman Kucinich is holding up a pie chart, which is not truly effective on radio," Conan told his listeners.

Kucinich was not deterred.

"Well, it's effective if Howard can see it," he replied.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What scares me is that people like this are in congress.

J

PS... and I'm confident that he is not alone, either in has party or in the other.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

"What scares me is that people like this are in congress."

Can you say O-val Of-fice??

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -- George W. Bush

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." -- President G. W. Bush

"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world and we knew exactly who the they were. It was us versus them and it was clear who them was. Today, we're not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."
--George W. Bush, February 29, 2000, Time Magazine

Drum roll please . . . the winner of best political gaffe is (yep--you guessed it) THE DUBBSTER!!!

"Do you have blacks too?"
--President George W. Bush (5/28/02)
Question asked of Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso. Condoleezza Rice jumped in to save President Cardoso from the embarrassment of having to answer such a stupid question, informing President Bush that Brazil was home to more blacks than any country in the world outside Africa.

(Bet you missed this little gem while reading all the news that's fit to print and watching your "fair and balanced news",eh?)
B|
“Keep your elbow up!"

Paul, I listened to that whole debate on NPR. I was fascinated; first 'radio debate' since 1948. I really enjoyed it.

Kucinichs pie-chart thing was pretty funny yeas.. but he was 'Johnny-on-the-spot' with that recovery.. Dean is a Freak (for that matter they all are) but I gave him bonus credits for his quick-spontaneous re-bound.

What amazes me is that nobody made a spectacle about the fact that it seems the only 'big word' Mosely-Braun could pronounce was 'Progessivity'!!!

and she used it in like every sentence she could!!!! :P:P - What a freak show!

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Err, aah, yaaah.

I'm taking a statistics class for my CGA (...CPA stateside) designation taught by a "brilliant" statistician/PhD (his website lists many amazing awards and papers. bla bla bla).

Lecture #2 he spent about half his time pointing at the screen of his laptop computer to illustrate points on his powerpoint slides ... yup, we were watching the "big screen" projection wondering just whatthehell he was thinking... or not thinking as the case was.

See, this kind of moronicy (...icy, ocy? if I invent a word can I also invent the conjugation?) is not limited to politicians.:P but a pie chart on the radio - that's Priceless!

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)