BethUK

Anyone here know anything about......

.............English Property Law!!! Ba$tard of an essay to hand in this monday! Still very stuck!!!! Anyone sad enough to be able to help?!?! :P:)

puhhleeeease!?!?

PS Want it done by friday, so I can jump all weekend!! lol :D
------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't flying...it's falling with style!" Buzz Lightyear - Toystory 1

Hmm...I wish it was that simple my friend! Put it this way:

"The history of property law is an expression of the changing nature of social wealth” Discuss with particular reference to the period 1660 to the present.:S

Now feel my pain!!!! [:/][:/]>:(:(:S>:(

But thanks!!!!!

The history of property law is an expression of the changing nature of social wealth” Discuss with particular reference to the period 1660 to the present.

Damm.... I had an essay on just that that I thew away last week when I cleaned up my files....:P
Remster

he he...how sweet would THAT have been!! Think its gonna be a couple of all night'ers! :([:/] Thats the 4th essay ive had to do over christmas holidays...meanies! :$

Couple of questions for you to think about, and which may start those creative juices flowing...

1. What changed in/around 1660 that makes it an important year? (An odd year to start with if there's nothing significant/catalystic about it...)
2. What did it mean, 400 years ago, to own land? Higher prestige? More power? Who were the general land owners at that time? 300? 200? 100? Present? What sort of increase/decrease of social status/power did landowners/homeowners have?
3. Select a city, and run a history on it. London? Ipswich? Canterbury?
4. Where did the term "Landed Gentry" come from? How did that create status? What were some benefits of that status?

I actually know nothing about the topic...so some of these questions may not be good nor helpful. But if you can ask yourself a series of questions, such as those above, then you may be able to outline the essay. Once outlined, you can easily fill it in, and be free to jump all weekend.

Best of luck to you!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hmmmmm

Could go into stuff like back years ago many properties were owned by large land owners as tied properties where the tenant worked the owners land and that property laws had to be introduced due to the increasing possibility of people being able to own their own propety.

Not sure of any significance with the date 1660, but i'd imagine that some changes to property law were made around that time, hense the use of that particular date.

Or then again I could be totally wrong!!!!

Nick
Gravity- It's not just a good idea, it's the LAW!

Thanks Michele and Nick! 1660 was the Restoration of the Monarchy, just so you know! It was also the year of the Tenures Abolition Act. It ties in with the era around The Civil War. I will have another look over it, worst case scenario I will waffle on about key historical theorists such as John Locke...uhh ohhh worth rather alot of my final marks!!!! :SB|

1660 was the Restoration of the Monarchy,

So. Like with any takeover, what happened to the deposed landowners? Was there a wholesale takeover from the ones who held land prior to the restoration? Who was given/granted land when the monarchy came back? Did the granting of land to the "new" monarchy supporters do anything significant (i.e, loyalty, allegience, et cetera?) And what happened to the former landowners?

That's your start...the rest will bloom from there.

I have all confidence in you, Beth!

Ciels-
Michele

.............English Property Law!!! Ba$tard of an essay to hand in this monday! Still very stuck!!!! Anyone sad enough to be able to help?!?! :P:)

puhhleeeease!?!?

PS Want it done by friday, so I can jump all weekend!! lol :D

I mean this in all seriousness. It helped me through Property in law school, and American Property law is founded on English law.

Ask yourself this question:

Who supplies the knights?

Say you have a life estate in a Blackacre. Would your children supply the knights to protect it? No, because they have no interest in it once you die. The people with the remainder in the life estate will protect that land even if you are on it, since they have everything to lose if you do not.

What if you've got a fee simple interest in Whiteacre? Who supplies the knights to protect it? You do, and so do your heirs. They have an interest in the property when you die.

For any property questions, ask who supplies the knights. Or, in the alternative, who would be pissed if a raiding horde were to take adverse possession over it?

Don't even think about asking me for help on the Rule Against Perpetuity. I blocked the RAP from my memory. A very bad thing....:S

I hope this is what you are asking. Or,you can ask our barrister here..

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I did it :) All finished and its only Thursday!!! YAY! Shame weather is looking so bad for this weekend!! Bxx

Yep, started me thinking...I decided to concentrate on the beginnings of private property in the 17th century and the development in to property law...political theorists such as John Locke, very boring...but sounds ok actually!

Cheers! :)
Bxx

Very well done, Beth!

Glad I could contribute - not sure how much I did, though - LOL, I'm no barrister nor legal eagle...I really liked the question from LawRocket - who supplied the Knights/armies?

As for the vote of confidence, see? Thursday, it's done. Badabing! And you were worried that you'd be stuck for the whole weekend. HAH! ;)

What's that song "I'll get by with a little help from my friends...":)
Good job!

Ciels-
Michele