benny

Why do you think we invaded Iraq?

Well you could at least go ahead and let us know what you think that reason is rather than just slamming the options of my poll.

I didn't slam your options. I suggested that you forgot one very important one.

And you'll notice that my options are actually slanted toward valid although incorrect (in my opinion) reasons.

And that, my friend, simply made my point....you designed a poll with a specific answer in mind, and your numbers will validate your personal opinion.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

no better terror supporting state than Iraq

Hmm, Syria, Lebanon, Saudia Arabia, just to name a few...

Go back and READ the post ... it read no better terror supporting state than Iraq TO DEMONSTRATE USA MILITARY POWER.

Syria supports terror and NOW they are leary of us -- Lebanon (Qudaffi (sp?) has now said they will submit. Saudia Arabia, as a state, are too great an ally even though they have radicals within. BUT AGAIN, the post read Iraq was the best terror supporting state to "demonstrate our might" to these other countries.

no better terror supporting state than Iraq

Hmm, Syria, Lebanon, Saudia Arabia, just to name a few...

Go back and READ the post ... it read no better terror supporting state than Iraq TO DEMONSTRATE USA MILITARY POWER.

Syria supports and NOW they are weary -- Lebanon has now said they will submit. Saudia Arabia as a state are too great an ally even though they have radicals within. BUT AGAIN, the post read Iraq was the best terror supporting state to "demonstrate our might" to these other countries.

Oh, so what you meant was they were the weakest military for us to going beating the shiite out of?:P

Never go to a DZ strip show.

StevePhelps is closest to the real reason. Why did the US go there? The simplest answer is "to clean up the block."

back when I lived in Los Angeles (many months ago) and I was involved in the politics and such (now fairly irrelevant to me) a nameless Congressman informed me that the reason was "to clean up the block." It was explained that it's just like any effort by a police department to raid the slums and kick out and destroy the thugs that are making the area and the surrounding areas so bad.

He described it as being like the "broken windows" scenario. It's time to fix the broken windows and the whole region will improve.

This was, of course, after the speeches were made descibing the horrors and terrors. This was also why he sid they wouldn't go after Korea. Well, two reasons. One was tha it was its own separate place that was not affecting the surrounding countries as badly. The second reason was a million man army on the border that could probably easily take Seoul.

So, troops were sent to clean up the block and send a message to others that they better play ball.

I will keep my opinions on the wisdom of this move to myself.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Does Djibouti support terror? Wait, where did we get the idea Iraq was supporting terror?:ph34r:

The have for some time. They were when I was assigned to the area 1978 -- they are (well, were) now. Again, not as much as some, but more than others. It was a show of force. Notice how N. Korea now wants to talk? Before they said "attack us, I dare ya!" They are not saying that now.:P

Does Djibouti support terror? Wait, where did we get the idea Iraq was supporting terror?:ph34r:

The have for some time. They were when I was assigned to the area 1978 -- they are (well, were) now. Again, not as much as some, but more than others. It was a show of force. Notice how N. Korea now wants to talk? Before they said "attack us, I dare ya!" They are not saying that now.:P

We can debate all day long on whether or not Iraq supports terror, I have still seen no evidence. I think if our gov't had some real evidence of it they'd give us at least a little inkling of it to shut yahoos like me up. But hey, what do I know? On the other hand, Kim Jung Il is hardly what one would call a rational actor... But wait, he really does have WMD and all that, why is it we didn't take action against him when he was saying "I dare ya!" I mean, this must have been a real challenge to "Bring 'em on" Bush. I'm sure he was just fuming mad. Donnie and Condi probably had fits calming him down. I can see it now, "No Georgie we can't invade them, you see, they actually have a military..."

What keeps me laughing is because CNN, CBS, (you name it) hasn't shown you that they have WMD you won't believe. Fine, don't believe. Take it from one who knows. Military Intelligence (oxymoron, I know) knows more than they will ever say. (thank GOD!)

If you need further proof of that, ask my fellow Green Beret Keith Laub "Bigun" or as he goes by here ... "Nightjumps"

Hmm, Fox hasn't found any either... And hmm, they were spouting forth (they being the administration) all sorts of "intelligence" before the war. Now I just can't imagine what possible reason they'd have to keep it secret if they actually had found those WMD now... (Aside from the fact that maybe they don't won't everyone to realize that the only things Saddam had were the things we sold him)

What keeps me laughing is because CNN, CBS, (you name it) hasn't shown you that they have WMD you won't believe. Fine, don't believe. Take it from one who knows. Military Intelligence (oxymoron, I know) knows more than they will ever say. (thank GOD!)

If you need further proof of that, ask my fellow Green Beret Keith Laub "Bigun" or as he goes by here ... "Nightjumps"

The old secret stuff, eh? Like Nixon's secret plan to end the Vietnam war.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Benny, I would tell ya, but the thing I see is that you're looking to fight..."grrrrr". I'm not looking to fight.

If you honestly want to understand things, start about 1976...do your research, look things up. Not just what supports your (predetermined) position, but opposing views, contrary opinions to your own. You'll be surprised what you learn. If you are just spoiling for a fight, you'll not get that from me (and it looks like you are, simply from the poll choices and your responses here).

(Psssssst...you might want to run a google search for "night vision apparatus and Russia...and maybe look into Chiraq and Hussein and see what that relationship is and how long it's been going on. That may give you some deeper understanding to the issues.)

now back to work with me!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

should i show you what I showed steve when of what came up when i did a lexis-nexis search on "france selling iraq weapons"?

I really am interested to know what reason you think it is I left out. And I love sounrces so I would love it if you'd tell me where to look for the circa 1976 stuff. Really, I am an information monger and when it comes to sources, "i'll show you mine if you show me yours" :P