t2.3aero

Gear setup/checks to avoid horseshoe/pc in tow

and if your velcro causes you to need up to 3 more extra seconds to pull your cutaway then: a) your as weak as a 2yo. or b) you should replace with normal velcro.

Many people don't realize that you should peel and pull. I have seen a lot of FJCs teach to pull and make no mention of this. Velcro is pretty strong stuff in shear force and it to separate the hook and loop in a shear action requires a lot of strength. Your first comment on weak as a 2 year old is misplaced if you don't know how to preform your EPs efficiently and effectively. I know of more than a few skydivers that have spent a few seconds in the air to pull just two handles.

Can you explain what normal velcro is? Is it napped, un-napped, a certain size, a certain type, etc.?

So---> in all, possibly 10 whole seconds just to pull 2 handles. Exaggerated!

Look at your math its 6 to 7 seconds for pulling the handles not 10. But you can say 10 seconds all together is you factor in the 3 to 4 seconds its going to take to realize you have a PCIT!!

• Pull at 3000’ have a PCIT.
• A good 3 seconds to realize you have a PCIT by looking over your shoulders, now at 2500 with nothing out.
• Go to emergency procedures and start cutaway, another good 3 to 4 seconds to cutaway and now below 2000’.
• Grad and clear/loosen your 3 rings another good 3 to 4 seconds, now humming through 1500’ with nothing out.
• Pull reserve another 3 seconds and humming through 1000’.

This is if everything goes well. You will be fscked if say your velcro on your cut away handle is really tight and takes 2 or 3 more seconds to cutaway or maybe your finger gets caught in a one of the 3 rings as your wasting your time fscking with them.

*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----