format

Descriptive WL

Look dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. The age or number of jumps on an AIRWORTHY canopy has no bearing on what WL is safe to jump.

The safe WL is determined by the skill of the pilot. Period.

You want to know the condition of the fabric on a canopy? LOOK AT IT!! Educate yourself, and perform an inspection.

Want to know one part of being a skilled pilot? Having an understanding of your craft is key to being a skilled pilot.

Put the idea that a newer canopy is safe jump at a higher WL out of your mind. It's wrong, and any assumptions you make, or ideas you base onthat concept will also be wrong.

In the case of F-111 fabric, the number of jumps on the canopy plays a huge role in what WL would be safe to jump. Seeing as your example was based on zero-p canopies, this is not a factor here.

Thank you
My rigger/instructor is D licenced and is having no troubles (not much) instructing me...
but maybe, just maybe he won't be present to evaluate my canopy choice, say in Chicago this year.
Isn't that a pitty?
Would you like me to buy/use something unaware of it's condition just 'cause I'm unexperienced in judging fabric state?
Cmmon, I'm working here with some serious issues, I am really trying to help those guys who might hurt themselves without rigger's help.
What goes around, comes later.

Perhaps you can declare yourself with an opinion wether riggers should log or log not Canopy Condition?
So we could benefit out from it?

On your own main? There's no need. As a jumper you'll know far more about the state of your canopy than a rigger will.

_Am

A second pair of eyes never hurt. I get my main inspected by the rigger every time I have a reserve repack.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Cmmon, I'm working here with some serious issues, I am really trying to help those guys who might hurt themselves without rigger's help.

And other people have told you that the advice you want to give them is wrong. Safe wingloading is not related to the number of jumps a zp canopy has done.

Now if all you want to say is "Get a rigger to check out second hand gear before you buy it" then great! But that advice is already standard practice. Let's not be re-inventing the wheel.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

My rigger/instructor is D licenced and is having no troubles (not much) instructing me...
but maybe, just maybe he won't be present to evaluate my canopy choice, say in Chicago this year.
Isn't that a pitty?

How come that you may listen to him?

Would you like me to buy/use something unaware of it's condition just 'cause I'm unexperienced in judging fabric state?

Just for you: If a rigger says not airworthy means RED. So do not buy unless you need a car cover or something similar.

It has nothing to do with WL or the skill of its user.

Well, I allready have an opinion.
You see, I've been reading around DZ forum for 4-5 years and, I am happy to say, you guys thought me a lot, Long Live the DROPZONE.com
In order for somebody to learn, some must ask questions, even if they think they know the answer.
Thank You!
What goes around, comes later.

>Would you like me to buy/use something unaware of it's condition
>just 'cause I'm unexperienced in judging fabric state?

Nope! You have several options:

1) Get a rigger to look at it
2) Get an experienced jumper to look at it
3) Send it to the factory for an extensive inspection (they'll likely want to replace stuff though)
4) Learn how to inspect your own canopy.

Not much different than buying a used car.