base698

What does everyone think of biodiesel?

The concerns most people have about it seem to be: lack of infastructure and feasibility of everyone using it. The lack of infastructure isn't that big of a deal because it can be stored just like diesel and processed in refineries. I think if we recycled all the vegetable oil, didn't burn soybeans and corn to keep market prices down, and used higher oil vegetables then it'd be feasible for wide scale usage. One of the huge advantages now is that normal diesels burn it with little or no conversion and its cheap.

Besides most emissions are lower aside from nitrogen oxide, and you can use that to make whip-its for all the hippies B|

I just found out about it and wish I'd of gotten a Turbo Diesel instead of the car I got :)

Besides most emissions are lower aside from nitrogen oxide, and you can use that to make whip-its for all the hippies B|

uhhh I hope they don't make whipits with Nitrogen Oxide, unless they want to get very sick.
You're thinking of Nitrous Oxide. now thats the good stuff. ;)

MB 3528, RB 1182

I like biodiesel and really think it has a lot of potential to help the US economy and the environment.

With regards to an infrastructure, I hold that it's already there. The majority of marine engines are diesels. How about B20 in all US ports? Check a bit into how many diesel vehicles there are on the road and the miles they put on our highways every year and then imagine if they were all running B20 or better.

If hybrid diesel-electrics running on veggie oil became the vogue - SUVs with such power sources for example - we'd have make a hefty dent in emissions within a few years I do believe.

Two of my favorite links on the subject:

http://www.veggievan.org
http://www.biodiesel.org
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

well, I'll have to trade up the Hemi for the Cummings.

Already got it.. 305 Horsepower high output.. 555 ft lbs of torque....freaks people out when I pass them going uphill towing my 25' boat..oh and we have BIG ass hills around here;)

BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh and it usually gets about 20MPG on the road..

It must be a "girl" thing!;)
My wife's Hemi at 345 HP and she wants it over 400hp by summer time. She is going to lose her license if she gets caught racing people at our popular merge area.[:/]

a friend of mine runs all her cars on it. its a little more expensive than normal fuel but thats only because its a new market. great for the air. maybe the key to clearing up all the yummy LA haze
------------------------------------------------
'I refuse to tiptoe quitely through life
only to arrive safely at death' Anon