atsaubrey

Jobs

I have no job. :( I have just spent another fruitless day searching for a job,, out chasing wild geese! :( Hope gotten up again, only to be let down. :( I keep hearing that the economy is getting better, that if you want a job you can find one. I wish someone would tell me where! I have been looking for a job (minus 4 months when I was employed, last year before being layed off) for almost 2 years. No luck. I want to work, but cannot get the opperunity to do so. Frustrated and depressed! [:/] I always hear how great Atlanta is for jobs, how easy it is to find a job in Atlanta, what a great place it is to work. I've got news for you, it's all a lie! Atlanta has nothing, job wise to offer! There is nothing here! [:/]
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

I have no job. I have just spent another fruitless day searching for a job

I know how you feel my friend, my days are just like that, and yesterday, I got an 'offer' from a company, to fix and maintain Printers, I said OK, now get this, my pay would be between $50-$150 a week plus a Metro Card (NYC subway) and that money is for LUNCH, there's no salary, BUT, if in a FEW MONTHS my performance meets their expectations, I could qualify for a PAID position, believe that?, the whole market sucks right now, especially for IT :(

Sorry about the venting, but I think I needed to do that [:/]

I have no job. I have just spent another fruitless day searching for a job

I know how you feel my friend, my days are just like that, and yesterday, I got an 'offer' from a company, to fix and maintain Printers, I said OK, now get this, my pay would be between $50-$150 a week plus a Metro Card (NYC subway) and that money is for LUNCH, there's no salary, BUT, if in a FEW MONTHS my performance meets their expectations, I could qualify for a PAID position, believe that?, the whole market sucks right now, especially for IT :(

Sorry about the venting, but I think I needed to do that [:/]

I thought slave labor was outlawed [:/]

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

No, they just changed what they call it to "internship":D

True!!!!

But the thing is that I WASN'T applying for intership, they ASKED for my Resume, and AFTER that, I got this response.

No, they just changed what they call it to "internship":D

True!!!!

But the thing is that I WASN'T applying for intership, they ASKED for my Resume, and AFTER that, I got this response.

Rat bastards they are, all of 'em.;) I'm thinking of just looking for a sugar momma to take care of me. I cook, I clean, I... well I do lots of stuff. All I ask for in return is shelter, beer, skydive gear and jump tickets!

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Dont feel bad. I went from middle managment (pawns for the beating of upper managment and the drones) with a track record of improvement of 2 different stores over 3 years in a "poor" economy. Now Im back in school and work PT at UPS for 8.50 hr. Thats slave labor. But hey.... it better than the repo man takin my house and toys.[:/]
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

"Sorry about the venting, but I think I needed to do that [:/]"

Hey, don't worry about it Ivan.. I know exactly how you feel, venting sometimes helps in a situation like this. Good luck on your search, my friend.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

All us jobless fools need to get together and go into business, go on the boogie tour or something.B| At the very least set up a fund for broke jumpers... My favorite nation, dough-nation!;)

Not a bad idea.

Note: My favorite nation, dough-nation
Joe Pesci - With Honors ;)

All us jobless fools need to get together and go into business, go on the boogie tour or something.B| At the very least set up a fund for broke jumpers... My favorite nation, dough-nation!;)

Ooh, ooh I have a job but I hate it. Lets all go into business. Hows bout starting a shuttle service that carts poor ass skydivers around the US (for quite reasonable prices, of course ;)). Just think, we'll get paid (not much, but some), we'll bring business to DZs all over the US, we'll meet lots of cool peeps, etc., etc.

The possibilities are endless....I will even donate my sh*tty little Mazda as our first shuttle.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

I need to go somewhere where the whole time I'm jumping I'm not thinking, "Mother ****er, it's cold up here!"Kelly

The offer to come here still stands. It's supposed to be nice this weekend...I guess it's a bit late on the notice. :PB|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Ooh, ooh I have a job but I hate it. Lets all go into business. Hows bout starting a shuttle service that carts poor ass skydivers around the US (for quite reasonable prices, of course ;)). Just think, we'll get paid (not much, but some), we'll bring business to DZs all over the US, we'll meet lots of cool peeps, etc., etc.

The possibilities are endless....I will even donate my sh*tty little Mazda as our first shuttle.

This is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure transportation is the way to go.... Let's give it some thought though. What skills do we have people? I'm good with numbers, economics and pissing people off with political threads. I think Ivan's in IT, he can be our web guru. Lee, what do you do?

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Ive considered it... and still working on the major portions of it. Vacations for skydivers. Why? Cuz we require special treatment that why. And we like to do it in groups... especailly large ones!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865