cvfd1399

Kid rock wearing the flag

YAnd one more thing, this may just be me, but another patriotic thing off subject that pissed me off was Paul McCartney at the 9/11 concert. He was one of the head performers and he's NOT EVEN AMERICAN. I respect Paul McCartney for all he's done for music today, he's a very talented man with a very warm heart, but I feel thatout of respect for the USA, he should have turned down that gig. :|

It might do you good to know that more British lives were lost on 9/11 than in any other other act of terrorism committed on British citizens, and believe me, we know about terrorism. It's precisely this sort of statement that gives the impression, however erroneous, that only US lives matter, and is in many ways responsible for the antipathy felt towards the US in many regions of the world.

I didn't agree with it. The flag is not supposed to be worn as an article of clothing, but I think he might have made a mistake, out of ignorance. From everything that I have sen, he is pretty Patriotic. Has don't a good bit of performing for the troops, which is something that allot of the hollywood types and performers these days refuse to do. It doesn't excuse it, but perhape it was a mistake on his part.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

YAnd one more thing, this may just be me, but another patriotic thing off subject that pissed me off was Paul McCartney at the 9/11 concert. He was one of the head performers and he's NOT EVEN AMERICAN. I respect Paul McCartney for all he's done for music today, he's a very talented man with a very warm heart, but I feel thatout of respect for the USA, he should have turned down that gig. :|

It might do you good to know that more British lives were lost on 9/11 than in any other other act of terrorism committed on British citizens, and believe me, we know about terrorism. It's precisely this sort of statement that gives the impression, however erroneous, that only US lives matter, and is in many ways responsible for the antipathy felt towards the US in many regions of the world.

See my above post to....shit I forgot who it was. Anyway, the one right above this one. I was ignorant of the subject and someone made that clear to me as well, and they were right. My apologies.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Hear Georgia Senator Zell Miller's statement regarding Kid Rock and his flag wearing event.

okay, you'll have to cut n paste this into your browser... -can't get the html markup tags to work with me here.

rtsp://video.webcastcenter.com/srs_g2/miller021104.rm

P.S. I snickered at his tar and feathering proposal

edit: okay I've had trouble making the 'rtsp://' link clicky, so here's an alternative. Goto Zell's webpage and scroll down about half way to the "Miller on Super Bowl Half-Time Show: 'Stink Will Linger in the Nostrils of America'" press release. THere's a clicky link there to see the video release.

Nobody ever died for a flag. Many people have died for freedom, the same freedom, funnily enough, that enables you to wear a flag, burn a flag or do whatever you want to do to a flag.

A true artist has no countries.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

Where'd that picture come from? I'm not saying Bush didn't do it but how do you know that's really him? Doctored up pictures are all over the internet. That kind of looks like the back of Clinton's head.

It came from a little outfit called The Associated Press as published, among other places, in The Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A44591-2003Aug25¬Found=true