Rainbo

Kick ass interview

Well I just got home from what I think was an exceptionally good interview. After a short discussion about the compnay the interviewer asked me tell him about myself. After my normal humble self appraisals and exagerations of my superhuman capabilities he proceeded tell me what kind of person he was looking for. Using my words to almost exactly to do so.

Really, you know how when you walk out you can tell if you meshed or not. That is how I felt. Problem is I was the first interview, so it will still be towards the end of next week before I expect to hear back based on thier interview schedule. Here's to hoping it works out.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

*sigh*
Am I gonna get another call asking for an appraisal of your, uh, er, ah, skills?
OH, wait. That says KICK ass interview. Oops! Thought it said something else ... :$
Wendy
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used u

Good Luck -

p.s. I always would ask how I did at the end of an interview. I they can't handle directness, I don't want to work there.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Good luck. I had the same experience with one a week ago. I was even called back to a second interview.

I just now got a letter stating I didn't get the job.

Hope yours is better than mine!! :P

I have a whole collection of those 'letters' [:/]

I thought so. ;)

edit - this was mine (I replied with a "piss off" email):

Ross,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my open position. As you know, I had
narrowed it down to 3 candidates (you being one) and it was a photo finish. Unfortunately I
had only one position in Austin and one of the candidates had recent
wireless experience that contributed to the decision to bring that person on
to my team. I keep a file of candidates that I felt were suited for the
position and will keep your resume and contact you should my needs change.
Thank you for your time and good luck in your endeavors.

Michael B

Yeah, I have been down that road a lot since last July. If only those that pass us up really knew what they were losing in the process.

Best of luck to you.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

this from a guy whose job constitutes holding on to his stick all day.:P

Rainbo

He only does than because they won't let him take his nail clippers along any more.:)

Yah, never mind that six inch pick on the back side of my CRASH AXE or the 3 flare guns I have behind my seat. Yah, my finger nail clippers are SUCH a threat! Sheeeeesh.

But I'm not bitter.