fluidynamic

AAD Military Discount

and although I am the super rookie around here , with vigil being the only one to offer the discount and it only being 10% I would just go argus and be done with it. No expiration date and batteries are cheaper!!! just my .02

that's weird.

Vigil II has a 10 year battery at a cost of $60 (only to be spent once, after the first 10 years. - so $60/20 year life=$3 per year battery cost

Argus has a battery that needs to be changed once a year. Last time I bought those batteries in bulk the cost was $2.50ea, a set of 2 every year makes the battery cost $5 per year, provided a single set lasts a year

Currently Vigil boosts a 20 year life with Argus saying "Based on aging tests performed, the service life for the Argus is more than 12 years counting from the first time it has been switched on."

as far as a lifetime.. well, at one point Cypres had an indefinite lifespan too, but none of the units got grandfathered in when they instituted a 10 year life (afterwards it went to 12year 3 months, which the units did get grandfathered into).

BTW Argus requires a $140 check every 4 years, as opposed to Vigil claiming to be "maintenance free".

Oh, and just for the record - I jump a Cypres2, so please don't try to claim for my opinion to stink of bias :)

The 12 year rule was written by the Cypres factory.
Since all the Federal Air Regulations loop back to "in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions" you are only allowed to jump Cypres when you follow the Cypres manual.

IOW you cannot legally wear a reserve - containing a 13-year-old Cypres - in the passenger cabin of any American/British/Canadian/Dutch, etc. registered jump-plane.