Gravitymaster

Kerry Implodes ????

None of them imply guilt.

Additionally,

"On his last full day in office, President Clinton today finally acknowledged he testified falsely about his affair with Monica Lewinsky, striking a deal with Independent Counsel Robert Ray that allows him to avoid criminal indictment....."

Ciels-
Michele

That's the liberal version of being innocent.

never pull low......unless you are

He struck a deal to avoid additional prosecution by admitting he falsely testified.

I wonder if bush will use his last day in office to finally admit he knew there were no WMD and that the real reason for invading Iraq was oil and money for his croneys.

I though the subject was Clinton. What does WMD's have to do with the fact that Clinton is a liar who plead his way out of punishment?

That's the liberal version of being innocent.

ROFL.

Yeah, must be. I mean, if the Senate said he wasn't guilty, then he's not guilty, even if he admits he is later. So only if the courts say so is it true and right. So much for morality and personal responsibility....

BTW, does anyone know why the lady Kerry was alledgedly involved with left the country? And where'd she go? And who paid for it?

Cidels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

None of them imply guilt.

But all of them happened to Clinton....

Ciels-
Michele

Michele,

We are discussing impeachment. The topic was, and remains, impeachment.

Impeachment is the action of being accused of something. Being accused of something does not imply guilt. How difficult is that to understand?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

To paraphrase Benny, I never said Clinton was found guilty during the trial phase (that's the part of the Senate).

I submit that his admission of guilt after the impeachment and the hearings were complete, and to prevent any additional criminal proceedings is all I need to know about his guilt.

Ciels-
Michele

What I find incomprehensible is that during the process of impeachment he was found not guilty and you guys still seem to think that equals guilty. Plus the fact that this man led the nation through 8 of its most peaceful and prosperous years ever despite the fact that he was under constant attack by the Republican party. And you still choose to ignore this and make his testimony before that grand jury the most critical part of his administration. But, that's what happens when people are more concerned when guys lie about their "little missiles" than when guys lie about "small and shortlived" budget deficits and real big missiles.

Benny,
For someone struts his education, "Note, by this I mean a job commensurate with my level of education as I don't have any desire to end up stuck behind a desk in a 9 to 5.", you seem to have a poor understanding of things political. The act of impeachment is the same as being indicted by a Grand Jury. The Articles of Impeachment mean there is cause to believe that the charges contained within may be true. It is then that the President is tried for the charges in the Articles of Impeachment. What Clinton did amounts to a ply bargain. You know and I know he was guilty as shit of lying under oath. And just to remain unbiased, Republican or Democrat, they all will and do lie to you, Clinton got caught.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Well Sparky, if you had read my earlier posts you would have seen that during the Senate trial which resulted from the impeachment, Clinton was found not guilty, under the workings of our political/legal system. Whereas that may not make him innocent, it sure as hell makes him not guilty. Go ahead, make ad hominem attacks against my education. Under the letter of the law, you're still wrong.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Actually the subject was Kerry, but as usual, the right wingers have to compare everyone and everything to Clinton. It reminds me of how the Church Lady from SNL is always going on about Satan.

[church lady voice]Could it be that Clinton is.....SATAN[/church lady voice]

Chris

Well Sparky, if you had read my earlier posts you would have seen that during the Senate trial which resulted from the impeachment, Clinton was found not guilty, under the workings of our political/legal system. Whereas that may not make him innocent, it sure as hell makes him not guilty. Go ahead, make ad hominem attacks against my education. Under the letter of the law, you're still wrong.

Benny,
You continue to hide behind the "letter of the law". Clinton was a slime ball. He lied and you know it. If he had been a mass murder and got off under "the letter of the law" he would still be a mass murder. If you stand behind this clown, which one of us is wrong?

I might remind you that lying about a B/J never got anyone killed

you don't think so? Um, do you recall Clinton, something like 2 days before the impeachment vote, spoke to the nation (oh, somewhere round about December 16, 1998...iirc), and explained why he was bombing Iraq?

It was either that he believed there were WMD (like he said in his speech that night to the nation), or it was because he was looking to distract folks from the impeachment vote....

Either way, people died. But I guess they don't count, right?

Ciels-
Michele

Funny Shit. I might remind you that lying about a B/J never got anyone killed as opposed to lying about WMD. Now I wonder who really is the slimeball?

blue skies

jerry

So you think that if Bush lied about WMD's that means that it's OK for Clinton to lie under oath? Clinton is a slimeball regardless of whether someone else ever told a lie.

Funny Shit. I might remind you that lying about a B/J never got anyone killed as opposed to lying about WMD. Now I wonder who really is the slimeball?

blue skies

jerry

So you think that if Bush lied about WMD's that means that it's OK for Clinton to lie under oath? Clinton is a slimeball regardless of whether someone else ever told a lie.

Do you really think it's all equal?

That's like, if I said "I have a 19 inch dick" vs. "that man is going to kill you if you don't kill him first" both are lies, one gets a slight chuckle and the other ends with someone dead. I ask you, which is worse?

Do you really think it's all equal?

No I don't think that it's equal. I'm saying that one has nothing to do with the other. The argument is childish, It reminds me of my kids trying to get out of something by telling on the other one. That doesn't make one innocent, it makes them both guilty.

Benny,
Try and keep up, it not about being equal. Clinton lied under oath and was impeached for it. It had nothing to do with Bush, not Bush 1 or Bush 2. What part of lied under oath don't you understand.

What part of "not guilty" do you not understand?

What part of he admitted falsely testifying do you not understand?

The not guilty part means he got away with it. His admission means he wasn't prosecuted any further for it.

Sigh.

I'm pretty well done. This is going round and round...and I just don't feel like wasting my time.

Ciels-
Michele

Benny,
Try and keep up, it not about being equal. Clinton lied under oath and was impeached for it. It had nothing to do with Bush, not Bush 1 or Bush 2. What part of lied under oath don't you understand.

Benny, Benny,
No one said he was guilty, I am saying he lied under oath. Are you saying I am wrong?

>Clinton was not convicted of any crimes, but he was impeached.

Which is akin to saying that Joe Smith was indicted for murder but found not guilty. You can, of course, claim that only the guilty are indicted etc but in our judicial system if you are found not guilty it means (legally) you didn't do it.

Bill,
He admitted he lied under oath, what does that make him? A not guilty liar.

>Clinton was not convicted of any crimes, but he was impeached.

Which is akin to saying that Joe Smith was indicted for murder but found not guilty. You can, of course, claim that only the guilty are indicted etc but in our judicial system if you are found not guilty it means (legally) you didn't do it.

Bill,
He admitted he lied under oath, what does that make him? A not guilty liar.

OK, you or Michele find a specific quote of what Clinton actually said (the admission that is) I'm really curious