nbblood

Patriotism

Well it is not miscalculation, perhaps some good history reading and searching is in order.

Yes why dont you go do that.. Use your brains for something constructive.

Overtly they were used to stop the war... but the War Department saw what was possibly coming in the near future with the Soviet Union and we wanted to send them a message of just how strong we were so dont screw with us. So rather than continueing to work with us they hardened their positions in Eastern Europe and got paranoid that we were going to attack them. So rather than a period of peace we were thrown into continual Cold with very warm periods for the next 40 years. Korea..Vietnam...myriads of small brush wars in places few have ever heard of. Millions died in those wars, police actions, bush wars, wars of liberation, on every continent. Point Counterpoint. Its not lost on the world that we are the only ones to ever use atomic weapons, WE have had MASSIVE programs of WMD since WWII and have used them.

Well it is not miscalculation, perhaps some good history reading and searching is in order.

Yes why dont you go do that.. Use your brains for something constructive.

Overtly they were used to stop the war... but the War Department saw what was possibly coming in the near future with the Soviet Union and we wanted to send them a message of just how strong we were so dont screw with us. So rather than continueing to work with us they hardened their positions in Eastern Europe and got paranoid that we were going to attack them. So rather than a period of peace we were thrown into continual Cold with very warm periods for the next 40 years. Korea..Vietnam...myriads of small brush wars in places few have ever heard of. Millions died in those wars, police actions, bush wars, wars of liberation, on every continent. Point Counterpoint. Its not lost on the world that we are the only ones to ever use atomic weapons, WE have had MASSIVE programs of WMD since WWII and have used them.

So you're saying that a democrat dropped the bomb and started the cold war. It's a good thing a Republican came along and ended it.

never pull low......unless you are

So you're saying that a democrat dropped the bomb and started the cold war. It's a good thing a Republican came along and ended it.

Not to dis Ronnie or anything, but it wasn't totally to his credit. The cold war ended largely due to the total collapse of the Soviet economic system. Now, you can claim that this was Ronnie's doing as well but then you'd essentially be saying that communism would have otherwise succeeded if it weren't for the meddling of a great Republican.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Not to dis Ronnie or anything, but it wasn't totally to his credit. The cold war ended largely due to the total collapse of the Soviet economic system. Now, you can claim that this was Ronnie's doing as well but then you'd essentially be saying that communism would have otherwise succeeded if it weren't for the meddling of a great Republican.

Tear down that wall...

Tear down that wall...

So you're denying that communism was a flawed economic system that was doomed to fail?;)

So you're denying that communism was a flawed economic system that was doomed to fail?;)

It had already failed. They would have tried to keep it propped up for years. Reagan stopped that from happening.

But you're admitting the system was doomed to fail regardless of anything Reagan did, right?

It had already failed. They would have tried to keep it propped up for years. Reagan stopped that from happening.

But you're admitting the system was doomed to fail regardless of anything Reagan did, right?

The system was flawed, everyone knows that. That doesn't change the fact that Reagan brought the cold war to an end.

The system was flawed, everyone knows that. That doesn't change the fact that Reagan brought the cold war to an end.

This reminds me of a "knight fork" in chess. I'd recommend a thread hijack at this point.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'd recommend a thread hijack at this point.

A most excellent idea. I'm hearing "nyah nyah" all over the place.

Personally, I think that one of the most patriotic things that people could do (who agree with the current need for massive inputs of money for the war) is simply to send extra to the government earmarked for "payment towards the deficit."

With the overwhelming popularity that Bush enjoys, it should make quick work of the debt, and it would be a real statement on those folks' part of their support for the government.

Either that, or, well, Boobies :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Personally, I think that one of the most patriotic things that people could do (who agree with the current need for massive inputs of money for the war) is simply to send extra to the government earmarked for "payment towards the deficit."

With the overwhelming popularity that Bush enjoys, it should make quick work of the debt, and it would be a real statement on those folks' part of their support for the government.

Wendy W.

Yeah, funny how most of the people who think that the tax cuts were just wonderful are the same people who are saying "of course we should have invaded Iraq"

Wendy W.

Neener neener neeener!!!

Hey look at this!!!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Wendy W.

If Kerry would quit, Bush could donate the 200 million in re-election funds to the national treasury. B|

Wendy W.

If Kerry would quit, Bush could donate the 200 million in re-election funds to the national treasury. B|

That would pay for approximately 2.5 hours worth of Bush's Federal Deficit. Only 4 years ago there was a surplus!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If Kerry would quit, Bush could donate the 200 million in re-election funds to the national treasury.

If Bush would quit he could still do that. :P

Yeah, but the country would get beat up then. Like in kindergarden when the fourth graders beat up the "New Guy"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If Kerry would quit, Bush could donate the 200 million in re-election funds to the national treasury.

If Bush would quit he could still do that. :P

Yeah, but the country would get beat up then. Like in kindergarden when the fourth graders beat up the "New Guy"

Nice analogy, how bout when the "new guy" grew up and learned to make bombs and blow the bully's ass to kingdom come?