nbblood

Patriotism

If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might have nipped AIDS in the bud with this one

Uh so I guess someone in Vietnam is having Karnal Knowldge with chickens and that is how the bird flu has spread to humans.

That's your imagination, not mine

If nothing else the last 20 years SHOULD have taught conservatives that its not just a GAY disease...just look at Africa. Millions of people with it or that have died from it, and I would venture to say MOST are heterosexual.

Once again you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never brought up anything about gays. Hell I never even mentioned the sex of the animal.

To have had the disease nipped in the bud... just a very little amount of money to the CDC that was begging for funding from the Reagan administration might have curtailed it. But it was more important for the gay people among us to be punished for their unholy and lewd lifestyle ( their words not mine) and very damn little was done by the administration. So now it afflicts heterosexuals far more widely when it could have been stopped.

blah blah blah....it's the Republicans fault...blah blah blah

How about getting your facts straight before you attack me next time. It would be refreshing.

never pull low......unless you are

Uh so I guess someone in Vietnam is having Karnal Knowldge with chickens and that is how the bird flu has spread to humans.

Get a clue, disease can and does spread from animals to humans ALL of the time. It does not necessarily follow that it occured by sexual transmission.

Why are you so defensive about this topic, Jeanne?

Do you have some fascination with animal sex, since you jumped in here so quickly standing up for the poor defensive animals?

. . =(_8^(1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get a clue, disease can and does spread from animals to humans ALL of the time. It does not necessarily follow that it occured by sexual transmission.

Why are you so defensive about this topic, Jeanne?

Do you have some fascination with animal sex, since you jumped in here so quickly standing up for the poor defensive animals

It was and is a response to one of the most idiotic posts to date concerning stopping aids.

Did either of you bother to even read the link on diseases and how they can spread from animals to humans?

And Rick... here are a couple of links that show very well how the Republicans handled the emerging disease 20 years ago.

http://www.aegis.com/news/newsday/1988/ND880802.html
August 3, 1988
James D. Watkins, the retired Navy admiral who headed the AIDS commission appointed by Reagan last summer, issued a statement saying he was pleased that Reagan "has taken this important first step so necessary to setting the right tone for the nation to deal with the HIV epidemic

Notice it was 1988 and not back in the early 80's when it was first discoverd.

http://www.thebody.com/encyclo/presidency.html
When AIDS was first reported in 1981, Reagan had recently assumed office and had begun to address the conservative agenda by slashing social programs and cutting taxes and by embracing conservative moral principles. As a result, Reagan never mentioned AIDS publicly until 1987. Most observers contend that AIDS research and public education were not funded adequately in the early years of the epidemic, at a time when research and public education could have saved lives.
The new conservatism also engendered hostility toward those with AIDS. People with AIDS (PWAs) were scapegoated and stigmatized. It was widely reported, as well, that New Right groups, such as the Moral Majority, successfully prevented funding for AIDS education programs and counseling services for PWAs. At various points in the epidemic, conservatives called for the quarantining and tattooing of PWAs. Jerry Falwell, the leader of the Moral Majority, was quoted as stating: "AIDS is the wrath of God upon homosexuals

So yes.. Had the REPUBLICAN administration done something to stop it back then.. perhaps the millions who have since died would not have.

So SKYDYVR how are you going to tie this in with your favorite group that YOU have a fascination with????

In Reply To

In Reply To

What a despicable thing to say to someone.

I see the BUND is out in force tonight

How high schoolish. If you have something to say, just say it. I still find your refference to NAMBLA to be despicable

Hell I thought it was just beyond LAME when it first came up.. and WHY is it you supposedly heterosexual men have SUCH a fascination with gay men??

I dont get it.

He brings up NAMBLA.. you bring up AIDS... and both of you have been all over gay issues before??

He brings up NAMBLA.. you bring up AIDS... and both of you have been all over gay issues before??

AIDS is not a gay disease. Aren't you the one that was giving lessons in medicine. I didn't say anything about gays you did. It's right here in writing for all to see. What a pathetic attempt to discredit someone that you don't agree with.

never pull low......unless you are

Laws that try to tell you what two consenting adults can do with each other are unreasonable.

Does that include spousal abuse? Be careful of the broad brush.

I don't speak for billvon - he's quite capable of doing that himself.

However, even though I didn't write that statement, I managed to notice that he said "consenting" adults.

If both spouses consent to the behavior, then I don't think it can be considered "abuse".

Several states have laws that state if there are visible signs of injury caused by a spouse the Police have no choice but to arrest. Consenting or not.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

How high schoolish. If you have something to say, just say it. I still find your refference to NAMBLA to be despicable.

Dude, you insult high schoolers everywhere by using such a description. ;)

I mentioned NAMBLA in the making of a relevant point in my argument against her constant vilifying of conservatives, and suddenly I have a "fascination" with them.

If that isn't a very personal attack, then I don't know what is.

It sucks, and is the method of a person full of nothing but decrepit ideas. I wonder how much longer people around here will say "Jeanne, that is really beneath you", when she's made a career here proving that . . . nothing is.

. . =(_8^(1)

AIDS is not a gay disease. Aren't you the one that was giving lessons in medicine

Then just what was it you were trying to infer since at the beginning of the AIDS debate it was assumed that the French Canadian Airline steward had been in Africa.

http://vancouver.indymedia.org/news/2002/12/23594.php

patient zero was identified as a French-Canadian air steward when green monkeys could not be located to blame for this disease (if you want a reference start with John Greyson’s musical Zero Patience to catch up on the myths progression into the 90s). You might also ask why is AIDS a heterosexual disease in Africa and primarily still perceived as a “homosexual” disease in North America. Keep in mind as well that the diagnosis at first excluded many women as they do not die from the same thing as the original gay patients. My point is simply in much of what is said and assumed about this disease in the corporate media, there is more ideology and speculation than anything close science, be it purely theoretical or empircal.

Asked and anwsered

So

What a pathetic attempt to discredit someone that you don't agree with.

It seems there are several here who do that incessantly when I post anything they do not agree with.

homosexual couples who adopt will raise children with their same views and promote further homosexuality.

That's only if you buy into the ill-conceived notion that homosexuality is environmental as opposed to genetic. I was raised by a mother and 3 sisters. No father involved after he died when I was young, yet I'm as straight as an arrow. In fact I had a very close friend at the age of 15 who was obviously and openly gay. He was a major influence and close friend during my formative years. But I've never had any homosexual leanings at all. In fact, he used to hook me up with all the females that he was friends with because he was the "safe guy",

In Reply To

How high schoolish. If you have something to say, just say it. I still find your refference to NAMBLA to be despicable.

Dude, you insult high schoolers everywhere by using such a description.

I mentioned NAMBLA in the making of a relevant point in my argument against her constant vilifying of conservatives, and suddenly I have a "fascination" with them.

If that isn't a very personal attack, then I don't know what is.

It sucks, and is the method of a person full of nothing but decrepit ideas. I wonder how much longer people around here will say "Jeanne, that is really beneath you", when she's made a career here proving that . . . nothing is.

Another personal attack???

Less obtuse for once.

>Does that include spousal abuse? Be careful of the broad brush.

It includes _anything_ that takes place between two consenting adults, outside of causing irreparable harm (i.e. killing someone.) You can spank your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband if you want, have anal sex, yell curses at them (if they're into that) even spar with them and leave bruises. The critical part is 'consenting adults.'

>He brings up NAMBLA . . .

Uh, Jeanne, you brought that up.

Bill, how much does this bullshit get to go on here?

Holy shit man, I have been accused of having some association with NAMBLA here, for absolutely no reason at all. You couldn't personally attack me any worse without getting physical.

. . =(_8^(1)

Not picking on anyone in particular, and taking no side in this "debate"...

It is a well documented fact that adequate funding for AIDS research in the USA was held up for a number of years during the two Reagan administrations, for ideological reasons having nothing to do with public health or medicine.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

For all the Differences and Views among all Skydivers on this thread....Bottom line

Do you have a Roof over your head?
Do you have food?
Consider yourself very Fortunate friend..
the plus side is your a Skydiver..Big plus...

Ive been many places...Try Living on a Dirt Floor...
Many people starving...Sick Very Sick...
People hurting and Death all around you...

When you can honestly Evaluate and look into
self...The USA is not that bad of a place Folks...

We have issues and people starving here but for the most part something can be done here...

Its not like that in most other Countries...
Consider yourself Fortunate be Thankful not
Greedy..God Bless the USA....

>Holy shit man, I have been accused of having some association with NAMBLA here . . .

(sigh)

You HAVE been talking about NAMBLA. She said:

>I thought for sure you would have brought up NAMBLA as a cause

>He brings up NAMBLA.. you bring up AIDS... and both of you have
>been all over gay issues before??

A personal attack is:

"You are in NAMBLA."

"You are a criminal."

"You are a virus."

"You are pathetic and weak."

These are not personal attacks:

"Why are you discussing NAMBLA?"

"You brought up NAMBLA before"

You have discussed NAMBLA here; her comment about your bringing it up as a cause is not a personal attack, it is a commentary on the discussion. "Personal attack" means attack against a person, not a general term for things that anger you. Jeanne is very good at pissing people off. But you get your posts deleted here for personal attacks, not for pissing people off. Them's the rules, written by the guy who pays big bucks so you can post here.

How about she is a nice, polite, civil, and very caring person

I can be but well ..................certain things like associating Democrats to idiots like the ones in that group of pedophiles or inferring that anyone who is to the left of this current administration is a liberal lefty( I guess since this group of Ultra Righties have skewed the middle far to the right)... or when someone openly suggests that to not support the current administration is not patriotic which has been done over and over and over....when there is SOOOOOOO much over on that side of the spectrum that is so despicable. I just have to get my argumentative self out there and argue. Like it or not.. I am having fun... and its the internet... dont pop a fuse.