nbblood

Patriotism

It’s not just about morality and what God started it. Like I said before, A marriage consisting of one man and one woman is the ideal situation for the rearing of children. That is the primary purpose of marriage. Not only will homosexual (I’m not going to say gay) marriages lead to normalization of an obscene and selfish lifestyle, homosexual couples who adopt will raise children with their same views and promote further homosexuality. This will also take away children from normal married couples wishing to adopt. You're also for letting, what, maybe 3% of the population change the definition of probably the most important institution we have in this country. The family is the foundation for everything.

This will also take away children from normal married couples wishing to adopt.

I don't think this is really much of a concern considering that we have couples going to China, Russia, wherever so that they can get a "baby". Children who have aged to some extent have so much less value to them, what the hell do I care if to "gay" people take the leftovers. I guarantee you it's a hell of a lot better than state care. And it's not like we're all of a sudden gonna have a problem of not enough people procreating.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

That was a specific response to turtlespeed and a general response to any government involvement in religious (or moral) issues. My point is that, particularly considering the widely varying opinions within the majority religion in the US, gov't involvement is bad for those who would or would not prefer that government and not god be the utmost authority.

So, it sounds like you think that the government should be God?

Well in that case it should be able to do whatever the hell it wants.

That's bad, MMKayyyyyyyyy.

I think it's time for Michele's obtuscity [sic] police to come out. Gimme a break man. Government is not god, to those without a belief in god it may however be the utmost authority aside from self. You, apparently would prefer that government be based on god. My point is that this is bad even for those that believe in and worship whatever god they may.

Apperently your reality is different - My religious affiliation is neither yours, nor anyone elses buisness. I'm sorry you don't agree.
Just as taking away someones religious rights is not yours to do, nor is it anyone elses. Freedom means you can do what you want as long as it injures noone. Dictating to someone that believes in a God that he or she cannot worship a God, because the site of the worship offends some one that does not worship the same or at all, is just as bad as government mandated religion.

So when you are trying to preach for "Government separated from religion" take a look at what you want the government to do. Are you so sure you just want to take away the rights of the people that pray?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Apperently your reality is different - My religious affiliation is neither yours, nor anyone elses buisness. I'm sorry you don't agree.
Just as taking away someones religious rights is not yours to do, nor is it anyone elses. Freedom means you can do what you want as long as it injures noone. Dictating to someone that believes in a God that he or she cannot worship a God, because the site of the worship offends some one that does not worship the same or at all, is just as bad as government mandated religion.

So when you are trying to preach for "Government separated from religion" take a look at what you want the government to do. Are you so sure you just want to take away the rights of the people that pray?

Where did you get any of this from my previous posts? You're really stretching here, be careful you don't pull a muscle. You can and should worship whomever the hell you please, wherever you please. When you use government funds to let others know who you like to worship, you're going too far.

I'm saying that you shouldn't promote that by legalizing homosexual marriage. How do you know it's better than State care.

OK, I'll admit that I don't know for a fact and that I only surmise that it would be better to live under the roof of two gay people who actually want me around than to be a ward of the state supported by millions of people who are pissed off that they have to pay for my life.

If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

Might have nipped AIDS in the bud with this one.

Wow! That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read! Any more words of wisdaom?

Where did AIDS originate, Einstein?

never pull low......unless you are

If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

Wow! That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read! Any more words of wisdaom?

Theoretically transmitted between primate and man... do you have proof it was sexual? Do you believe everything you hear?

Blog Clicky

Theoretically transmitted between primate and man... do you have proof it was sexual? Do you believe everything you hear?

Notice the word "might"? No I don't believe everything that I hear, your posts for example.

never pull low......unless you are

Notice the word "might"? No I don't believe everything that I hear, your posts for example.

So if I put "might" in front of an asenine statement about, say, the holocaust, that makes it OK?

And, yes, believe my posts... you may learn something!

I'll leave it at that. I don't believe in pissing matches over the internet. Too impersonal. Not nearly as fun as in person...

Blog Clicky

Or are you saying that the government has no business legislating morality, that is up to everyone's own conscience? That the government should mind its own business (the Libertarian viewpoint that I espouse).

It's not clear to me what you are trying to say.

I answered it once but I'll explain the answer. I think that the government should mind it's own business in personal matters. In other words, what two consenting adults (or three) do in the privacy of their own bedroom is no ones business but their own. I personally have no problem with most victimless crimes. If someone wants to ruin their life on cocaine, thats their problem. Crimes that involve other people are another matter. I don't have a problem with gay unions (or gays in general). It does not affect other people. I am in agreement that the are trying to hijack a word that already has a very definite meaning. Beyond that give them the same rights that I have, The gays should be careful what they ask for though they just might get it. Gay divorce is just around the corner.

OK, nothing to disagree with there.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.