Marz

Help me-Job evaluation

So my boss has this brilliant idea to pass the buck on to his employees when it comes time for employee evaluation. Bottom line, we get to write our own.

This could be a possibility for a glowing review of my work if I was in the mood to write it, but this is what I feel like writing :

"I had a immensley difficult year in all areas of my life and as such, my self-esteem took a shit-kicking, reflecting negatively on my work, which was until recently one thing that was going my way. The added workload and my incapacity to perform at full capacity due to health issues (constant head aches, memory loss, concentration problems) caused me to continue to sink into a quagmyre of dark thoughts, pushing me to the edge of despair on several occasions throughout the year and forcing me to seek professional help.

I think my work has been sub-standard, and I have received no feedback, comments or encouragement from my supervisor which might dispell the feeling I have that my ass is on the line everytime I step into the office.

Not that I blame upper mangement. This stuff is probably in my head and I'm actually still on the fast track to joining the monkey suits. However, this is how I feel. I went from a prime performer to a gimp in all areas of my life, including work.

So fuck it, fire me you bastards. I don't give a shit. I'll just go crawl under the rock in the corner calling my name."

Can someon help me turn that into a glowing review so I don't get fucked on my raise for the second year in a row?

Thanks

Marz

Here's my editing:

"I had a tremendously successful year in all areas of my life, reflecting positively on my work. The added workload was a challenge to performing at full capacity, and additional professional help will be required for the upcoming year.

I think my work has been above-standard, despite receiving little or no feedback or comments from management.

I am a prime performer in all areas of my life, including work. It is time to advance me through management, else other prospects may draw my services elsewhere."

Can someon help me turn that into a glowing review so I don't get fucked on my raise for the second year in a row?

How's that? B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Because I was too much of pussy to fight for it... I was very sick at the end of the year and they based my performance on the last three month's stats, half of which I missed due to sick leave.

At that time, I really didn't care. I was just glad I still had a job, but in retrospect I really don't think it was a fair assessment of my performance. This year, I've been trying to get up to par again (I was the no.1 manager in case resolutions in my first year, beating out a seven-year veteran), but I just feel like I've been hanging on for dear life with bloody fingernails...

Like I said, it could just be in my head. Everyone here is overworked right now, but I have the great privilege of feeling like crap most of the time. If it's not physical, it's plain depression.

Believe me, I'm not necessarily one to whine, but I can't seem to get past this whole illness thing. MS sucks. I'd rather have my leg amputated and hve something tangible to deal with than this bullshit.

Job evals are the tools of Satan, especially the self-type.>:(

There are times when I'm glad I'm unemployed.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Job evals are all about quantifying your value to the company. Numbers and values are VERY powerful. For example, in the military, I'd say something like: provided 96% network reliability to my subscribers (which would be some function of service over time). Try to do the same and apply it to your specific job.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Job evals are all about quantifying your value to the company. Numbers and values are VERY powerful. For example, in the military, I'd say something like: provided 96% network reliability to my subscribers (which would be some function of service over time). Try to do the same and apply it to your specific job.

Speaking of which, were you promoted ahead of your peers after that eval you wrote while in Kuwait? ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Speaking of which, were you promoted ahead of your peers after that eval you wrote while in Kuwait?

Not time for the board yet, but the great job I did in Kuwait lined me up for Germany!>:( Guess Branch received a "by-name request" from top dog.:S Note to self: walk on water; don't move mountains!:D

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Our company started doing the self evaluation thing a couple of years ago. I figure if I've got to do this I'm giving myself the highest rating possible. So for the second year in a row I've laughed myself silly composing my evaluation. The funniest thing is that the boss ends up doing the evaluation anyway, because the alternative is to agree with you! LOL!

Blues!

I make my workers write there own. Use only strong positive words. But nothing too big and overly intelligent.

I.E.
By far exceeds his piers
His work by far exceeds expectation.
Self motivated
Eager to excel
His knowledge is an asset to this institution.
Multi tasks with ease

In other words talk about yourself like you you are talking about yourself to someone that does not know you.

If they are going to use stats against you. Do a little research and fill you eval with stats that will not get them to dig too deep in your eval.
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2