crapflinger2000

Coffee - how much too much?

I have one cup of coffee every morning. That is it. My Mom drinks coffee all day. From wake to sleep. Probably somwhere around two pots. I do not understand that. One cup is plenty to wake you up. The rest borders on addiction:S.

Do you get the shakes?

You should be worried since you are NOT drinking enough coffee!!!:|

I wake up at 5:30, make a 12 cup pot of coffee, and drink 10 cups by 6:30 when i leave for work.

I have a long drive to work, 20 minutes. I get there and make a 6 cup pot (smaller coffee maker) in my office. I finish this up at 8. AT 8:30 i make another one, and finish that off by 10:30. Then i make another pot for lunch at noon.

I stay off coffee until 1:30, and make another pot. That is done by 2:30. I usually pour more water into the pot after half the pots are gone. that way i get more coffee. I can leave work at 3, so i make the big drive home, 20 minutes, and walk in the house, feed the mutt, then make another 12 cup pot. It is all done by 5, so its time for dinner.

As I'm sitting here watching the red wings game, I put on a pot at 7:30, my last 12 cups for the day. This one if finished by 9. NO, this coffee doesn't keep me from sleeping, although i do have to visit the john usually once a night.

Lets see, thats 58 cups a day!!!

Do they have one of those 12 step programs for me and my coffee problem??;);)

wow, well by the looks of things it's not compared to the rest of these kids... i'd still be inclined to say that's a fair bit of coffee though.

i don't really drink cafiene at all, coffee or coke but my friends drink both all the time, even before they go to bed :S So what's the deal, do people drink it cos it's there and easy or because you genuinely can't get up and focus without it? could you just give it up tomorrow if you wanted?

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

Yeah, i was just joking about my long 20 minute drive!!!;)

I used to have an hour and a half drive to work, that sucked so bad, I quit that job for the one i have now, and took a large paycut. :( It was worth it, now I only put 5000 miles on my car each year, instead of 35,000 milesB|B|

Sorry, gotta get back to drinking my coffee!!!:S

Well I got all you pansies beat. I have had a total of 2 cups of coffee in my entire life. How in the hell can you people drink that stuff. Why dont you just go and chew on a piece of cow patty. Thats what it smells like
B|

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

Yerba Mate, mmm.

Nothing beats a beverage that tastes like you've steeped an old broom in boiling water!

What do you do to make it taste better?
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.