osuskydiver

Madden 2004

I am hooked. I can't help it. This happened with Madden 2001 back when i was a freshman in college.

I thought I had broken the aweful Madden Challenge Curse, but is has resurfaced with Madden 2004.

I am DOOMED.

By the time you read this you have already read it.

I'm still on Madden 2003 which is itself pretty darn good. But I'll likely pick up the 2004 version once they come down in price (maybe they already have). By the way, I'm into the strategic aspects of the game, not the joy-stick jockey aspect. So I just play coach-only mode. But I still get into it. ;)

Of course it's not nearly as cool as jumping. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

my team is gonna come apart because of salary cap problems...

Not long ago I finished my first season. I made it to the AFC Championship game with the Broncos but lost a heart breaker in OT to the Steelers. I had a chance to win the game in OT but Plummer threw an interception on the Steelers 15 yard line and the Steelers then drove for the winning FG with time running out in the first OT. And then to my surprise when I went to play season #2, a shit load of players retired from not only my team but from other teams as well (especially the Raiders). So I decided to start season #1 all over again and this time be a little more prepared to manage the salaries and personnel of my team and the league in general. I'm not sure how much time I want to dedicate to this sort of thing (many more important things in life), but it is a fun game (assuming you get into American football) and I've already made the Champ Bailey/Clinton Portis trade in my league. So until the Charley Garner issue is resolved in the real world (will he play for Denver, Tampa or someone else?), I'm left with Mike Anderson as my only real running back (and he's not even in the real league any more, but that's what I get for playing Madden 2003 right?).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

i had 2003 so i kinda knew how the franchise system worked in that going into 2004. what i do when i first start is trade people for draft picks, even if it is for crappy ones, because there are a lot of overpriced players. second, i raid free-agency, because there a lot of good players that are usually betetr and cheaper than the players already on the team. depending on how many seasons you are gonna play, i would do whatever it takes to get michael vick (i had 430 yards rushing with him in one game--he's the fastest guy in the game). like i am the bears, and developed a quarterback and runningback over a few seasons, and then traded them both and a few picks for vick.

yeah...the game is addictive..especially over the winter when there is no jumping.

Heard 2004 was good. Wasn't so great at 2003 but I had fun when I played it on my PS2. I was thinking about bringing the PS2 w/ us to FL in case the dz's are empty on the weekdays we will be there. It could get lonely and quite like sgc during the week. Let me know what you think, no biggie if we don't have to haul it either.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I'm addicted to Madden 2004 too. I get my ass whooped by my roommate in it like 5 times a week. Record so far: 3-17 B|

I play agfainst my friends alot too, I always put up a good fight.......till half time, then i just fall apart, I don;t get it.

By the time you read this you have already read it.