brits17

Wrap that Rascal

re cutting away from wraps....

Isn't it a _general rule_ that the low person cutsaway first?

Yes, I was the low person.

Cool

Someone before asked if hookitt should have chopped first. I was just clarifying...

damn speeling...

As a general rule, Wrap: bottom cuts away 1st; Entanglement: top cuts away first.
Remster

I bet poeple with lots more CReW experience would be better suited, but:

Wrap is when a jumper's body is in the other's canopy. Usually, the top person still has a fully functioning canopy, so with the lower person cutting away first, the top may just have to slide off the jetissoned canopy off him and just land his/her main normally.

Entanglement is when one jumper went through the lines of the other canopy, making the lines entangled. Both mains are FUBARed at that point and, usually, the bottom will act as an anchor and the top will spin around. This will make the top cutting away 1st cleaner as he'll be thrown away. If you still have parts of your body in the lines, all bets are off! lol

Mind you, CReW mal are very dynamic beast and no 2 are alike. These are the general rules as they were thaught me, but again, you need to judge on a case by case.

Edit coz I cant type without typos!....
Remster

Wrap is when a jumper's body is in the other's canopy. Usually, the top person still has a fully functioning canopy, so with the lower person cutting away first, the top may just have to slide off the jetissoned canopy off him and just land his/her main normally.

More than likely that would have have happened in this wrap as well.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

OK great, now can I please get some rapturous admiration for my 'What is the Hookitt loading on Brit's canopy?' remark? >:(

I deserve a better cyber environment, you guys suck.

Will

PS and I don't give a shit how much you grovel this time Tim - I absolutely am not interested in answers to any nagging questions I PM you in future.

OK great, now can I please get some rapturous admiration for my 'What is the Hookitt loading on Brit's canopy?' remark? >:(

It was funny dude... I laughed.:P

Edit:... Nice avatar

I'm thinking of something green, smelly, fat, lazy, slow and ugly - what can it be, what can it be.... :D

Anybody says Turtle and it's gonna be LIGHTS OUT!:P:P:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK guys, here it is, turn that sound up :)
http://www.airinsanity.com/index/crw.htm

Here's a mirror:

http://almgren.net/sky/crw/

And another:

http://oma.jaffie.com/matt/sky/crw/

Enjoy!

Editing so screamer can understand:;) I'm posting again so the links to where the video can be downloaded will be back near the end of the thread. That action makes it easier for the rest of the users to find them. :)

Reviving the links

"Reviving" the links? What the fuck is "reviving" the links? :S

Ego monster! :P

It's kinda like a *Bump* Fucker Style!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Spec "fuckin" tacular.

You guys did awesome!!! I must ask though. Was there anything that could have been done better? Just so me and everyone else could learn.

I am not criticizing anything, just would like to know from the people first hand. Thanks.

Clint D-24352

Spec "fuckin" tacular.

You guys did awesome!!! I must ask though. Was there anything that could have been done better? Just so me and everyone else could learn.

I am not criticizing anything, just would like to know from the people first hand. Thanks.

Clint D-24352

Quote from Tim:
We were both in deep brakes. I'd asked her to let it fly faster but that didn't happen. Rather than staying at the side, I tried for it any way. This is something I know better than to do.

I, brits17, should have let my canopy in full flight instead of stayin in brakes. Timmy should not have gone for it. Any more input Tim?

Hind sight being 20/20 there's a load of things I'd do different. But to answer the question specifically, Yes.

Knowing what I know now, I would be able to evaluate and determine that my parachute began to fly again. I think that I could have completely removed her canopy from my person and land the main. ThCan't be sure though.

If the main was not landable I would cover the reserve handle rather than grasp it. Ensured that I fell away from the mess then pulled the reserve.

Watching that, I am delighted to hear you are still both alive.

I love walking on topskins and toe-dragging endcell to endcell, but I only will do it if it's part of the plan and the other jumper is basically flying hands-off. So, this video really has me thinking.

Canopy size/shape and deep brakes issues aside, at what altitude were you when you attempted the dock? Looked like Brit's alti was reading 2k when she was under the reserve, and she didn't take that deep of a delay.

I personally have hard and fast altitude cut-offs for both contact and no contact CRW. Just wondering if you do too.

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

A couple of other thoughts:

I'd like to see the educational posts of this thread separated and moved out of TalkBack.

Second, if I am the first person to cutaway, knowing I share the same air column as the other jumper, I am gonna do my best to get horizontal and vertical separation with a subterminal track and/or sucking it down to the bargain basement (at least in this case) before I pop the reserve. Any reasons I shouldn't be thinking this way?

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Looked like Brit's alti was reading 2k

She was pulling on her toggles at about 2.5

I am gonna do my best to get horizontal and vertical separation with a subterminal track and/or sucking it down to the bargain basement

Actually you probably wouldn't. The first thought is usually to get open. Besides she was FLUNG_WAY_ THE_HECK_ AWAY from me. Horizontal seperation was already taken care of.

Don't go taking a long delay after a cutaway. It's not worth it.