Otter

C.R.E.E.P.S.

Has anyone got any new piece of information - apart from the add on Skydiving #271 - about this new gadget called Cybernetic Radio Emergency Ejection & Piloting System, from SCARE-TEC?
---------------
Alex / FLY4FUN Team - Curious? ready, set, CLICK!

Point all ya want. Been there, done that. I'm here because of the moderation. Trust me, I see the need for it and wouldn't want it to go away. But I think it's WAY overdone. We're all just here to have some fun and learn. Why can't we do both at once?

Wouldn't bother me a bit if all threads that have absolutely nothing to do with skydiving were deleted from talkback. It's a skydiving site afterall. But to mix serious skydiving threads with all this junk is ridiculous in my opinion.

Nothing against most of the moderators here. You guys are following your instructions (most of the time). I just think at some point Sangiro will have to take a serious look at his rules versus what his loyal visitors want. It's his site, and he can require us to talk about pink elephants or be banned if he wants. But I think it's in his best interest to make this site as pleasant an experience as possible. Now I'm not suggesting that everyone shares my opnions. I'm just giving my opinons.

Wow, can you say thread hijacking? :P

Dave

But I think it's WAY overdone.

As of this minute -

Posts in the last hour 149
Posts in the last 6 hours 888
Posts in the last day 1939
Posts in the last week 13923
Posts in the last month 58771

How many of those were moved, deleted or otherwise moderated? What percentage of the total posts being moved, deleted or otherwise moderated is "overdoing" it?

Why should people have to page through a bunch of noise to find some signal in a topical forum? You and I both know that your first post in this thread, when it was in a topical forum, was nothing more than noise. Instead of adding noise, why not just answer the question?

One man's noise is another man's signal. :P

How does my change where this thread belongs? Would a reference to Ivan have been more or less appropriate? And yes, since we're in talkback now, I am just being an ass.

I just dont see how my reply changes where the original post belongs. Why not just delete mine and ban me for a year?

Dave

How does my change where this thread belongs?

It didn't. I posted and then moved the thread to make a point. The point is that there is far too much "noise" in the topical forums lately. Noise is what Talkback is for.

Why not just delete mine and ban me for a year?

Why should I have to delete anything? Why can't people stick to the topic and not try to be funny in the topical forums?

Y'know, all of the moderators here are volunteers, and we all have lives beyond this website. Do you think we'd rather spend our time here moving and deleting stuff or do you think we'd rather spend our time here reading and replying to stuff?

Please tell me the username of anyone who has been banned for a year for posting something that got removed or moved. That comment was just a bit over the line, imho.

Some people take this site WAY too seriously and personally.

You indicated in your first post of this thread that you moved this thread because of what I posted. I was responding to that. The banning part was a joke. My point was why move a whole thread instead of deleting (or ignoring) one post?

Alright, can we please just settle down and eat some ice cream?

Dave

So, do you guys carry C.R.E.E.P.S. at The Drop Shop yet, or will I have to order one from Marcus?

I'd really like them to add a feature that verbally warns you when you're in the corner rather than displaying it on the watch face...maybe it could have a French accent, too! Then it would be just like my home DZ...;)

Edited to add: Sorry, only Skydivexxl will get the joke here...
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash