rowdy

Container sizes

What does the M4 in Mirage G4 M4 designation mean. I assume it is the size but what do the sizes run? I am 5'9" and 190 lbs trying to locate a new rig. I want a container that will fit my frame and hold a 210 canopy.
Thanks in advance.

What does the M4 in Mirage G4 M4 designation mean. I assume it is the size but what do the sizes run? I am 5'9" and 190 lbs trying to locate a new rig. I want a container that will fit my frame and hold a 210 canopy.
Thanks in advance.

the M4 is a designation of the CONTAINER sizing.
explained here : http://miragesys.com/sizing-guide/
what is says, is that the M4 won't fit a 210,

the HARNESS sizing is explained here :
http://miragesys.com/support/?loc=articles&id=12

Simply put

The container is sized for the main and reserve canopy.

The harness is sized for the jumper.

What you want to look for is a container that will fit the main and reserve you are planning on jumping with a harness that was sized for a jumper about your size. This is assuming you are buying second hand. If you are buying new they will custom make the harness to fit you.

The general consensus is
- Choose your Reserve
_ Choose your Main then find a container that will fit them.

Thank you both for the replies. I have been looking for second hand but it is difficult to find one that fits. Being a former bodybuilder, my chest is 44" and my waist is 34" which on many rigs puts the cutaway and reserve pretty far back on my sides.

Looking at prices at buying everything separately, it isn't much cheaper than buying new.

Does anyone have experience will 135 sabre2 fit mirage MT? how about optimum 143? Mirage's web page says 143 is extremely tight, but does someone have first hand experience?

I bought a M2, and I think that while 150 sabre2 is "optimal" according to them, to me it is quite soft, and 135 would be quite loose.

Let's be careful with terminology.
Few years year ago, Performance Designs changed the terminology when they trade-marked a new fabric and reserve.
PD "Optimum" fabric is a fabric - similar to F-111 - that packs smaller than earlier fabrics. PD subsequently incorporated this new fabric into their "Optimum" line of reserves as well as Pulse main canopies, etc.

Maybe now we should use the word "ideal" when comparing canopy volume to container volume.