bertusgeert

Check out this nut!

Perhaps he's now pennyless (after his divorce) and believed that the only warm/dry place he could secure was a prison cell.

There -are- people who do this, just to have a place to live and food to eat.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yeah, I do agree, that could be the motivation.

But he was a somewhat succesful businessman back in the day, and dealt with some banks that screwed him over. I think he just wants to get back, as well as do something a little challenging for once, what is there left for him you know? Funny attempt tho, I applaud his efforts!

Also, He simply wanted to make a "statement". Why else would he rob a bank and tell them to put the money in an ENVELOPE!? once again, what a nut!

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

Thats awesome....good for the crazy old bastard.

Ilike the guy who was retired that counterfited $1 bills...he only did it when he needed them, and never over did it. He lived for like 20 years or something then they caught him at like 83 years old. Now thats smart to me.....lol

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

sh1t if i live to 90, i am robbing a bank for fun. what else is left?

An older distant relation of mine had a minor drinking problem, among things, and stayed at the VA hospital. He was allowed un-chaperoned excursions from time to time. (This was the last.)

The last time he was out, he stopped at the bar. (The town has one stoplight, one bar, one bank.) After all day, he went to rob the bank. No mask, no gun...just walked in to hold it up. His daughter-in-law, the bank manager, tried to talk him out of it to no avail.

He was so drunk he could barely drive and the police were hot on his tail as he made numerous passes through town throwing the money from the car. He'd make a u-turn and come back through, tossing cash out the window to pedestrians who scurried to pick it up.

The police finally cornered him and took him back to the bank for identification. He said, "Yeah that's her...Hi ***, say hello to **** for me." He thought he was supposed to be identifying them. :D