wildblue

Anyone have Nokia phone?

Looking at the Nokia 3588i - under games it lists "Sky Diver" as one of the games that comes on the phone.

yep it does have that game and it's ok i guess. you try to freefall through rings and then land on target. you can sitfly and head down and track etc. you can stall the cnopy out and lose the game etc. it's fun i guess if you're really bored.
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

If your cell provider is Verizon or Sprint, do not buy a Nokia. Nokia can't build a CDMA phone to save its life.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

It didn't come on my Nokia 6800, but I found the file on the internet and was able to install it over IR using the Nokia PC Suite (free).

The game sucks.

IMO, Nokia are the best business phones around.

super easy to sync with outlook for all contacts, calendar, to do, notes.

I agree, I have always had a Nokia phone and I find them quite reliable and I love the features...The games I resort to when I have literally nothing else to do and I don't have a book to read...B|

~R+R:)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Yeah, my sister has that phone. Every time I see her she gets pissed because I grab her phone and start playing. It's pretty coolB|

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

If your cell provider is Verizon or Sprint, do not buy a Nokia. Nokia can't build a CDMA phone to save its life.

Actually my nokia on the sprint network is FAR better then the shitty sprint phones they wanted to offer me. I get signals when $500 sprint phones don't
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Care to expand? I'm considering switching to Verizon cause AT&T's GSMR network doesn't cover my dz & I want a new phone. I've always had a Nokia & really don't know any others to trust.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Actually my nokia on the sprint network is FAR better then the shitty sprint phones they wanted to offer me. I get signals when $500 sprint phones don't

Quite possible. I gave up on them a couple years ago. Seeing all their sharpest technology with the players like T-Mobile and Cingular continue to give me pause.
Make light!

Care to expand? I'm considering switching to Verizon cause AT&T's GSMR network doesn't cover my dz & I want a new phone. I've always had a Nokia & really don't know any others to trust.

Easy: Motorola or Kyocera (IMO).;)
Make light!

IMO, Nokia are the best business phones around.

super easy to sync with outlook for all contacts, calendar, to do, notes.

I'm not actually looking to buy one - I already have a Handspring Treo 600 (all geeks bow before me in awe!) I was just curious as to what the game was about.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

If it isn't a StarTec from Motorolla - I wouldn't waste your money. I've even had a Motorolla employee tell me that.

Nokia has one of the best interfaces. Siemens is a great phone and could possibly take a large portion of the market away from Nokia given some time.

Erica - I use a Nokia 6800 GSM/GPRS AT&T phone on a National plan. It works like a charm for me around Chicago and on the drive to Tampa. I haven't had a chance to test it at CSC, but there are a lot of dead zones once you are west of the main airport.

Thank you Gwain & Bo.
I've had AT&T for 5 years & hate to leave them - their digital network works so well everywhere. But I've specifically asked if the CSC zip code is in their range for the GSMR network & their reply... "no, you may receive service, but you will be roaming" Everywhere w/in 5 miles of the DZ is covered, but not the dz :(

Thank god for portability... hopefully in July, when my contract is up, they'll be able to do it smoothly.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

What is GSMR? AT&T has GSM (newer digital) and TDMA (older digital) and are slowing phasing out AMPS (old analog network). They use GPRS and EDGE for data transfer.

AT&T TDMA still works in the CSC region, right? It did the last time I was there. If you really want to stay with AT&T then pick up a "tri-band" phone that will do TDMA/GSM/GPRS. The Siemens S46 is a great phone that works on both networks - and can only be found in their retail stores (I think they have an Erickson phone as well - both are free right now with a two year contract).

When I use the S46 I find it always tries to stay on the GSM network, but when driving west on 80 or 88, it will switch over to strong TDMA signals when the GSM broadcast can't reach it. This doesn't cost anything extra on your plan or minute usage and AT&T doesn't tell you about it because they are pushing only GSM these days. This phone was perfect when I spent a few weeks in Cincinnati which has no GSM but great TDMA coverage but the KY region I traveled to every day had GSM...it worked no matter where I went.

The trick with tri-band phones is they require both the sim card (for GSM) and "over-the-air" (for TDMA) programming.

Don't forget - AT&T will be Cingular by the end of the year and their coverage maps will increase in size.