DTOXX

ortho info needed

OK, just got the results from the MRI and have the initial appointment with the Ortho guy set or Thursday morning. The results read "YOUR MRI SHOWS A TEAR IN THE CARILAGE, AND POSSIBLE TEAR IN THE ACL (ANTERIOR CRUCIATE LIGAMENT)."

From those who have experienced this joy, what kind of recovery time am I looking at? I know each case is unique but I am ony hoping for some ballpark estimates.

Thanks in advance.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

4-6 months depending on how much damage to the cartilage...

I tore my ACL in 93...took 4 months of physical therapy to get to 100% but I didnt have any cartilage damange.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

"YOUR MRI SHOWS A TEAR IN THE CARILAGE, AND POSSIBLE TEAR IN THE ACL (ANTERIOR CRUCIATE LIGAMENT)."

Is the tear in the medial or lateral meniscus?
And find out what type of tear, a bucket handle tear, anterior tear, posterior tear, etc. Some tears heal, some do not.

An ACL tear may take 6 - 9 months. If it is a POSSIBLE TEAR in the ACL - that is good news. It usually means it is only a Grade I (Grade IV being the worst). So quite possibly a lot less time to heal. But that can have a number of variables to change that.

Does your physician want to have a brace made for your knee?

Jeez, how old were you? 10? You look to young. God, I feel old.

I was 19 at the time of surgery.....

:D
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Surgery was Friday. :(

I have been sitting/laying around for 3 days. while my knee is getting better, meaning the pain is down to the point I can see again, I think it will be soe time until I jump.[:/]

Torn Meniscus and ACL reconstruction.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

I have been sitting/laying around for 3 days. while my knee is getting better, meaning the pain is down to the point I can see again, I think it will be soe time until I jump.

Torn Meniscus and ACL reconstruction.

Well this is the hard part...when the pain subsides and you realize how important muscles really are, and how quickly the atrophy :S Post surgical for me was a biatch....trying to make my leg bend more then 45deg.. It will hurt but push thru and do what they tell you, and you will go back to 100% :ph34r:

Good Luck!!!!
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto