sangiro

Mini Profiles

The metal they use these days is mostly titanium and it's no fun at all! I never set off one metal detector and I traveled every weekend! So I had my doc take it out. What good is it if you can't have fun with it! I wanted to whip out my hardware-in-leg card!:P

Fall in dove.

Art, Gardens, Life,,, it's the edge that provides the definition

I love that! It's so right. I'm going to use that phrase at work tomorrow. Hope you don't mind.

BTW: HH, great job on the reorganization. Looks like lots of late nights into the early mornings. A thoughtfully evolving project.

---> One Half of Almost Nearly Normal <---

And I'll third. I can't really rationalize why I set myself to invisible (I haven't had problems with stalkers or anything), but given the option I'll always turn it on. Putting my last login on all of my posts sort of defeats the purpose.

Couple of thoughts: This information has always been available on your profile - there's nothing new here.

As for having the ability to be "invisible", that only means you will not show up in the "who's online" screen. It is certainly not my role, nor do I plan to provide the functionality to enable you to "hide" on Dropzone.com. The functionality didn't have to exist in the first place.

Making a post - like the one you just did - surfaces you from hiding and provides any potential stalker with a LOT more information than just your last login (which he/she can derive from the post time as well). Unless you plan to never post anything and keep quiet, I don't understand your logic all that well. So, if you don't want to be seen, don't post either. And if you don't want to post and you have such a ferocious stalker, simply don't log in and browse as a guest.

There's value in knowing whether a poster just made a post or whether he made it a week ago and has never been back since.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

The last logged time is a bad thing. I'm set to invisible because i was seriously being stalked before. Someone would notice i was online and PM or call me saying he knew i was home cause i was online. Freaky shit.

At an average of 11 posts per day, how exactly to you plan to hide from a stalker? ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hmmm. Currently, if we're invisible, our last logged in date/time doesn't show up in our profile.

If we post, we know that anyone can see that we're online, that was always true... I don't think anyone is trying to hide, but it's nice to have the option not to be visible to everyone on the Internet when we log on (because it's anyone in the world with an Internet connection who can see us, not just this community).

One other thing to consider is how much information is searchable through Google and other search engines. Currently, it looks like our profiles don't show up on search engines, but our posts do. The more info shows up in our mini profiles, the more easily people will be able to Google a D-license number and find out who has it. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but it's something to consider. Is that what we want?

And I'll third. I can't really rationalize why I set myself to invisible (I haven't had problems with stalkers or anything), but given the option I'll always turn it on. Putting my last login on all of my posts sort of defeats the purpose.

Couple of thoughts: This information has always been available on your profile - there's nothing new here.

Last login doesn't show up in my profile, or the profiles of a few other people who I know are invisible.

I don't understand your logic all that well

It just doesn't make any sense to me to have invisibility hide my last login time in my profile, only to have it plastered over every post that I've ever made.

Edit: I should add that invisibility is hardly a deal breaker for me. If the option didn't exist, I'd still be here. It's just bugging me that although I have invisibility set, I'm not really invisible anymore.