PeteW

Cease the day or Cease the Moment

I have a really cute thumb ring that says 'Carpe Diem'...its my second one.

I lost the first one on a fishing boat, and I was frantic to find it. It was not to be found. After I finished crying about it, my friend asked why would I be so upset over a ring that says 'fish of the day'. (he WAS serious)

I got another one from the same vendor and that 'fish of the day', makes me laugh as much as 'carpe diem' inspires me.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

I have a T-shirt that says "Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes." but my favorite shirt to wear on the first day of school to my classics or latin class said "Veni, Vidi, Dormivi"

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

Bene, cum Latine nescias, nolo manus meas in te maculare. Die dulci fruere!

Yup!

Basically, I came, I saw, I slept. Great t-shirt for boring latin classes.

as for the rest:

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - anything, when said in Latin, sounds profound.

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes - if you can read this, you're overeducated!

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare - I think the men in the togas are plotting against me. (I just threw this in to see if anyone was actually paying attention )

Bene, cum Latine nescias, nolo manus meas in te maculare. Die dulci fruere! - if you don't understand plain Latin, I wash my hands of you, so have a nice day!

My favorite Latin saying, however, is: Non Gradus Anus Rodentum! (translation: I don't give a rat's ass!) It was my favorite comment when I got frustrated with my assignments.