freeflir29

Good Lord....this is out of control!!!!!

I'm not a smoker. However, I was married to a smoker for 8 years and he used to say that "if we have a baby, I will stop smoking". My response was "hey, what about my lungs?" Over time, I developed polyps in my sinuses which were treated and the next step was that they'd have to be surgically removed. The doc called him to tell him to smoke outside..not in the house or around me directly. That lasted 6 weeks until winter came and it was "too cold to stand on the balcony for his cig". I feel that someone who chooses to smoke should be able to smoke; however when it directly affects my health, it's also okay for me to speak up. Just my $.02. Smokers can have their designated "smoking areas" and I can choose my "nonsmoking areas"."They" can smoke where they can; "I'll" breathe where I can...'nuff said...

Yeah, it's a pretty sad day when they ban smoking outdoors! Get real, if these bureaucrats were really serious about the health issues of smoking they would just outlaw cigarettes altogether. The reality is that the government generates too much revenue from cigarette sales.

You know what really bugs me though...perfume. Gives me a headache, now when are they going to ban that?

I just had a chilling thought....
I thought of my aunt..who is about 80 years old if she's a day..and that big-assed car she used to drive with the fins and NO seatbelts or power steering. When she parked she used to ask ME to hold her cig for her (while I was in the front seat sans seatbelt).
Whats gone wrong here? Why are our children obese? How come everyone is suing everyone else? Why are people pissed cause gas is almost $2 a gallon but milk is $4 a gallon? (Okay, little kitten, you're getting unleaded on those cheerios tomorrow!)
I think we are getting too health-conscious (sp?) and its messing with our health~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Why? I really have a hard time seeing how smoke bothers anyone on a beach.

Because the smoke travels. To a non-smoker it's annoying to be around smoke. I also hate when a group of smokers gathers around the front door of a building. I still have to walk through that nasty smell even though they're not allowed to smoke inside. One of my main reasons for wanting to move to CA is because of the non-smoking laws there.

I agree with sunny here, but I need to add something.

You non smokers that are bothered by smoke, I was like you at one time. Many, many years ago, before I started smoking. I didn't like the smell of smoke. It was bad, but it didn't stop me from going out, to eat, to bars, to clubs, ect. Then I started smoking. WOW! It was even better, and easier on me, in the clubs, bars, ect.

Then the lightswitch. I quit.

It took a little while, but eventually the smell of smoke went from pleasurable back to annoying. Well, the "quit thing" stuck. The displeasure I get from smoke has progressed by leaps and bounds. It is no longer annoying, but rather quit nausiating. Too much smell for too long of a time, and I get quite sick.

My bodies method of self preservation? Maybe, but no matter what, it works. I AVOID smoking areas.

Smoking or non at the restaurant? My wife smokes. My friends smoke. We sit in non smoking, or they dine alone.

I admit it, I turned into a smoking nazi, and I do not forsee that changing any time soon.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1